300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta PD polygraph??

Does Atlanta use one of thoes voice stress polygraph things? If so what's that all about, is it a second test, or another thing they hook you up during the polygraph?

Just curious, I wana know what to expect.
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Originally posted by aikido kid
    Does Atlanta use one of thoes voice stress polygraph things? If so what's that all about, is it a second test, or another thing they hook you up during the polygraph?

Just curious, I wana know what to expect.

APD uses the CVSA, it's not a second test, or anything extra, it is part of the hiring process. The hook a microphone to your shirt colar, ask you about 25-30 yes or no questions, and then read the stress your vocal cords display when you a answer a certain question. You BI should have explaned any questions you have for him or her. When do you come down here?

Comment

Originally posted by code3_K9
      APD uses the CVSA, it's not a second test, or anything extra, it is part of the hiring process. The hook a microphone to your shirt colar, ask you about 25-30 yes or no questions, and then read the stress your vocal cords display when you a answer a certain question. You BI should have explaned any questions you have for him or her. When do you come down here?

It is more/less accurate than the poly? I hear its less intimidating than the poly(by looks and the actual hookup)

Comment

do they do that with the polygraph?

I just mailed in all my paper work, so I don't know when I'll be comming down.
        "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

It is less intimidating than the poly, but I personally do not think EITHER one is accurate if people know the science of them.
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Is there anywhere on the net that has a list of sample questions that would be asked on a poly?

Comment

Originally posted by Conner
              Is there anywhere on the net that has a list of sample questions that would be asked on a poly?

Yea, its called your background packet....

Comment

Yea, its called your background packet....
                I'm sorry but, no comprendo. I'm a noob to this stuff.

Comment

A very informative site for polygraph research is Antipolygraph.org. If you don't want to read or learn about the process don't go there. Some polygraph examiners will ask you if you've been to that site, and if you admit it they will fail you, so visit it at your own risk.

The fact that knowledge of the testing procedure invalidates the test makes the whole process suspect in my opinion, but unfortunately a whole lot of cops have to endure the "test" in order to get hired. Visit the site if you wish, but be aware that researching the polygraph is alot like researching how sausages are made - once you know how it's done you probably won't want anything to do with it ever again.
                  Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                    A very informative site for polygraph research is Antipolygraph.org. If you don't want to read or learn about the process don't go there. Some polygraph examiners will ask you if you've been to that site, and if you admit it they will fail you, so visit it at your own risk.

The fact that knowledge of the testing procedure invalidates the test makes the whole process suspect in my opinion, but unfortunately a whole lot of cops have to endure the "test" in order to get hired. Visit the site if you wish, but be aware that researching the polygraph is alot like researching how sausages are made - once you know how it's done you probably won't want anything to do with it ever again.

What dept will fail you if you admit to going to that website? Ive NEVER heard of the question being asked either... Has anyone else?

Comment

aah

what i want to know is if they do the voice stress thing seperate from the polygraph, insted of a polygraph, or while your doing a polygraph.

Comment

Originally posted by aikido kid
                        what i want to know is if they do the voice stress thing seperate from the polygraph, insted of a polygraph, or while your doing a polygraph.

Its completly different... there is NO poly down here, its just the CVSA...

Comment

What dept will fail you if you admit to going to that website? Ive NEVER heard of the question being asked either... Has anyone else?
                          I have been asked during polygraphs if I did any research on how to "beat" a polygraph, and I've read lots of accounts of the same thing happening to other people. If the examinee admits they've done research there is anectodal evidence to suggest that their chances of being accused of using countermeasures increases, which subsequently causes them to "fail." There are specific examples on the message boards at Antipolygraph.org of people who were asked if they visited that specific site.

Apparently, admitting that you have researched the polygraph makes some polygraph examiners more likely to accuse you of using countermeasures.
                          Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Well they sure as hell dont ask it down here. Or anywhere in Cali that Im aware of...

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
                              It is more/less accurate than the poly?
                              They're both hocus-pocus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6352 users online. 359 members and 5993 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X