Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There IS such thing as a stupid question...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There IS such thing as a stupid question...

I had a lady pull up at a light and gesture for me to lower my window. Thinking she was about to ask for directions I hear her ask "Is Ronny Coleman still police"? (sic) It took me a moment to figure out what she meant. She was referring to a professional bodybuilder from CA (I believe) who was also a cop.

I guess the fact that I am a cop on the other side of the country does not negate me from knowing these things. I answered "no", was I right my CA brothers? If so what does that make me if it truly was a stupid question?

I also had a lady (why are they always females) flag me down to ask me "how long is it going to keep raining"?

I know this topic has been posted before but I'm sure there's no shortage of such brilliant questions...
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

IAW w/ what I've found on the net he is an officer in Arlington, TX and has been since 89. Dunno if he left LE though. I can't imagine what his uniforms cost, his arms are bigger than my rear
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop

I also had a lady (why are they always females) flag me down to ask me "how long is it going to keep raining"?
      Maybe you shouldn't be so devilishly handsome?
      I know I should feed the trolls but it is just SO hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy
        Maybe you shouldn't be so devilishly handsome?

LMAO. That was insincere but I'll take it!
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
          IAW w/ what I've found on the net he is an officer in Arlington, TX and has been since 89. Dunno if he left LE though. I can't imagine what his uniforms cost, his arms are bigger than my rear

you'd be correct,,and he got canned for selling roids.

Comment

I had a lady pull up at a light and gesture for me to lower my window. Thinking she was about to ask for directions I hear her ask "Is Ronny Coleman still police"? (sic) It took me a moment to figure out what she meant. She was referring to a professional bodybuilder from CA (I believe) who was also a cop.

I guess the fact that I am a cop on the other side of the country does not negate me from knowing these things. I answered "no", was I right my CA brothers? If so what does that make me if it truly was a stupid question?

I know this topic has been posted before but I'm sure there's no shortage of such brilliant questions...

did she say why she wanted to know

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
              did she say why she wanted to know
              I never asked, I didn't want to encourage her as the light turned green.

Comment

Since they are all females, I just might be the next one to ask you a stupid question.

Comment

How long is the 7 mile bridge?

Comment

I never asked, I didn't want to encourage her as the light turned green.
                    is that when you pick up your mic, and fake tellling dispatch youre on your way, (code 3) the other way

Comment

Originally posted by OFK
                      How long is the 7 mile bridge?
                      less than 8mile bridge

Comment

OK OK, I thought only Pittsburghers asked stoopid questions. My first DAY off field training and Iam walking a beat in town. I get stopped on a Sunday morning and asked "Excuse me officer, But do you know where I could buy some bread" I say I dont know, I jsut moved here but you could probably try a bakery"
                        Next week, also on a sunday " Excuse me officer but where can I buy some beer" I say I dont know I just moved here but I would try a beer distributor...
                        More stoopid thoughts to follow...
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

These are questions that you should have known the answers, and perhaps another stint on training may help you.
                          Retired

Comment

Heres one of my favorite questions

At what elevation do deer turn into elk?

When a deer gets hit they ask if I am going to take it to the hospital?

I want to say yea. Let me hit it with my tranquilizer gun (shotgun) before I transport it.
                            Last edited by USAcop; 07-06-2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Years ago I had a guy frantically wave me over while we were both traveling on the DC Beltway. I truly thought he had an emergency to report but alas, he simply asked me for relatively simple directions.....as we were pulled over on the shoulder of a busy F'N HIGHWAY!!!! I awaited a subsequent complaint due to my response but never got one.

UFB
                              sigpic
                              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 311 members and 5096 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X