300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible child abuse? Maybe?

Has anybody had any dealings with DSS in Michigan?

I have some concerns about a couple I know that show no obvious signs of abuse, but their house is very dirty. The man was raised in a pigsty his mother never cleaned, and has one conviction for domestic abuse and has undergone anger management.

We have told this couple they need to clean the apartment, but they always say they are too tired. It is so bad their friends won't go over there.

Our main concern is for the 3 year old and the 6 month old they have together and the condition of the apartment.

Will DSS automatically take the kids and keep them from their parents? or will they work with them to teach them how to be good parents?

I had a run in with DSS many years ago, and I do not trust them to take care of the kids, who I love as if they were my own, and who I am afraid I will never see again if they are removed from the home.
    Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Is it a danger to the kids. Piles of laundry and dirty dishes piled up are not illegal.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Possible child abuse.

At present there are no laws on the books stating how often you must clean your house or apartment. Certainly, there are some circumstances when failure to do so could pose a hazard to children. Whether that rises to a level where the authorities become involved is questionable. Most child "protective agencies" leave a lot to be desired. Michigan's are probably no exception. Speak to your child with a little authority and they'll want to take the child from you. Woe betide you if you spank, you'll see the inside of a jail. What's a little filth though? Realistically, there's not too much you can do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5146 users online. 286 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X