300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matto
    He'll just tell you if you have anything on your record you have no future in L.E. He thinks every cop that gets hired as a flawless record, is 6'5, flawless physical shape, and has a masters degree and can speak 10 different languages.

Good one Matto!! I don't know what this guy is talking about. I've seen some of Bodie's posts before and he seems to be kind of a jerk if you ask me. I know many cops that have been arrested before and only have associates degrees getting hired by numbers, and are really good cops. Maybe the department he works for in Ohio is too strict and doesn't give people a chance.

Comment

Quicker than Doc Holliday.
      JordanWhney
      Forum Member
      Last edited by JordanWhney; 09-04-2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

If you are the GUILTY party and convicted then an expungement occurs later you still can't be a cop. If you are the victim of identity theft and somebody committs a crime ynder your identity your record would be cleared it is no at all the same thing.

Comment

Bodie, What the hell are you talking about! are you talking about moral turptitude crimes and battery/assault or any type of crime? I know cops that have been convicted with DUIs', possesion of marijuana, shoplifitng. etc.

Comment

Bump Bump.
            JordanWhney
            Forum Member
            Last edited by JordanWhney; 07-07-2005, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
              If you are the GUILTY party and convicted then an expungement occurs later you still can't be a cop. If you are the victim of identity theft and somebody committs a crime ynder your identity your record would be cleared it is no at all the same thing.
              Thank you for clarifying Bodie. I misunderstood your earlier post. We are now in total agreement.

Comment

Question, say you move to a different state to be a cop and at the state you lived in you were arrested for a traffic violation but most the charges were dropped and your record cleared where only that department knows of the violation. What are the chances of the department in the new state finding out?

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOT AN LEO<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

From the few applications that I've completed they ask for any arrests that you may have, as well as any motor vehicle violations. So it's safe to assume they will most certainly find out. I suppose you could lie but you're screwed if you do. Everything that is done in the dark eventually comes out in the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                    Question, say you move to a different state to be a cop and at the state you lived in you were arrested for a traffic violation but most the charges were dropped and your record cleared where only that department knows of the violation. What are the chances of the department in the new state finding out?
                    You have to take a polygraph. If you lie about something that happened, you won't get hired even if that something isn't a disqualifier.

Comment

several years ago I knew an officer who had a misdemeaner expunged and requested records check on himself through the arresting agency and it came back with nothing.

your best course of action in the interview is to tell them you have the charge/conviction but that it has been expunged

Comment

I know of no major agency that will risk hiring a person with an expunged criominal record unless it was a juvenile record for soemthing stupid and minor and they have had no problems since.

I am not saying every cop has to be 6'5" etc as someone said I am just saying that all of a sudden leo positions are one of the most sought after and better paying jobs available and the better your education, record, physical condition the better your chances.

We can't give hope to a guy with an expunged record, traffic record out the rear, obese, no education past ged etc. Those apllicants don't get a second glance anymore and I screen hundreds of applicants all over all year long.

We have to be truthful even if it destroys a persons dream of being a cop.

Comment

I know of no major agency that will risk hiring a person with an expunged criominal record unless it was a juvenile record for soemthing stupid and minor and they have had no problems since.

I am not saying every cop has to be 6'5" etc as someone said I am just saying that all of a sudden leo positions are one of the most sought after and better paying jobs available and the better your education, record, physical condition the better your chances.

We can't give hope to a guy with an expunged record, traffic record out the rear, obese, no education past ged etc. Those apllicants don't get a second glance anymore and I screen hundreds of applicants all over all year long.

We have to be truthful even if it destroys a persons dream of being a cop.

Hey Bodie. What do you think my chances are? The incident within this thread is my only crime. I have an Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, but I won't apply for a police force until after my Bachelors or Master's degree. I am in excellent physical condition. Do you think my confrontation will keep me from being a police officer?

Comment

Yes it will an expunged record means nothing to us it's still like an open record. You may be wasting your time taking CJ and should rather get an education in another field. We see convicted felons take CJ and get degrees and the such.
                            If your background isn't okay and you would not qualify to become a cop without a CJ degree don't waste time and money getting a CJ degree.

You can apply but with the high number of applicants there will be too many thre without an expunged record and a degree that will beat you out for the jobs.

Comment

Yes it will an expunged record means nothing to us it's still like an open record. You may be wasting your time taking CJ and should rather get an education in another field. We see convicted felons take CJ and get degrees and the such.
                              If your background isn't okay and you would not qualify to become a cop without a CJ degree don't waste time and money getting a CJ degree.

You can apply but with the high number of applicants there will be too many thre without an expunged record and a degree that will beat you out for the jobs.

Thanks for the response. I am still highly confident that I will become a police officer.

Comment

One more interesting fact. Earlier this year I went to the security company where this incident occured. They were willing to hire me back on the spot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3768 users online. 192 members and 3576 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X