X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by Welpe
    Styx, you of all people, were speeding? I'm not only shocked, but also disappointed. Go turn yourself into the local authorities right away and demand a ticket be issued to yourself.
    I am ashamed.......

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    Styx, you of all people, were speeding? I'm not only shocked, but also disappointed. Go turn yourself into the local authorities right away and demand a ticket be issued to yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by Styx
    I was hoping you would answer..thanks. I did keep looking for him in my mirror...kind of silly and not very safe. I was distracting myself and all. Now I know. I was in one city while I was speeding.....2 miles down the road, I was in a different city. He still could stop me, right?
    NOT A COP

But yes, I'm sure he could still stop you in a different city.

The other night, my local PD crossed state lines chasing a stolen vehicle. They had a county agency in the other state set out spike strips and the vehicle hit them and went into the ditch. The driver got out and ran into the woods. Unfortunately for him, the lead pursuit car from the local PD (now about 15 miles out of state) was a K-9 unit. You hear the K-9 officer on the radio, "He just bailed out of the vehicle. I'm going to employ my partner. Track begins now." Hahaha, I lit up when I heard that. Long story short, they caught the guy.

But anyway, that's how it works around here. They apparently can travel out of state to pursue someone. I believe the perp had to be locked up in the neighboring state though, for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    I was hoping you would answer..thanks. I did keep looking for him in my mirror...kind of silly and not very safe. I was distracting myself and all. Now I know. I was in one city while I was speeding.....2 miles down the road, I was in a different city. He still could stop me, right?
    He could. Would he, who knows, but he could.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    NOT A COP

But here they can pursue you into another city, seen it done many of times.

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    You would not have been "lite up" by the officer until he knew you were in a safe location

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveinUtah
    The officer probably wouldn't have lit you up until he knew you were at a safe spot to stop, whether that was two miles down the road or so. If you stopped some place unsafe, he probably would have got on his loud speaker and informed you of where to park.
    Thanks....
    By the way, I wasn't being all snooty about not getting stopped. I totally expected to be stopped and pay the ticket...was not going to whine my way out of it. I just wanted to know what to do for future reference, in the event I am in a similar situation, you know.
    I usually drive the speed limit, but once in a wild blue moon, I dont. Its not on purpose, I just dont see the reduced speed sign sometimes...simple mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    You would not have been "lite up" by the officer until he knew you were in a safe location

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    The officer probably wouldn't have lit you up until he knew you were at a safe spot to stop, whether that was two miles down the road or so. If you stopped some place unsafe, he probably would have got on his loud speaker and informed you of where to park.

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    started a topic I was speeding....

I was speeding....

the other day (confession) on a road under construction and one I dont normally travel on. I was unaware the Speed limit had reduced and was just driving to get to where I needed to go. It was a 45 zone and I was going 50. I realized this and slowed down, but not before I saw a gaggle of cops parked on their bikes under a shaded area. Damn. Expecting to be stopped I changed lanes and began looking for a place to stop amid the cones and construction barriers in the road. NO luck. I was not stopped and I just kept going at the right speed.

My question.....where could I have stopped safely had I been signaled to do so? I would have had to drive a good while to get to a safe spot without cones or barriers. if I had stopped by a coned area, would he have just asked me to go elsewhere?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2786 users online. 128 members and 2658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X