Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new house was egged and cherry bombed!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creeker
    replied
    Well then... thanks for your participation.

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    Originally posted by Creeker
    So would you answer the question then and stop the pc doubletalk and sidestepping?

In the absence of being able to observe the vehicle enough to describe it... OR GET A DESCRIPTION OF IT...OR SEE THE TAG, You would_________???? to stop the Vandal from continue in participating in his vandalism.

I am waiting for you to recommend a "Time Out" for the miscreant punk(s).
    How many times do you want me to answer a question? I've already said what can be done. Short of conducting a periodic surveillance at his home, I don't know what else he can do. He could hire private security, but how many times has he been vandalized? If it is one time, than it's fairly safe to assume it was a random act.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Originally posted by retired
    Amd no, I do not recommend he turn a water hose on the vandals, if that is even an option. Why take a minor vandalism and have it escalate into a possible assault situation, either from the victim or suspect? That's what the local LE agency is there for.
    So would you answer the question then and stop the pc doubletalk and sidestepping?

In the absence of being able to observe the vehicle enough to describe it... OR GET A DESCRIPTION OF IT...OR SEE THE TAG, You would_________???? to stop the Vandal from continue in participating in his vandalism.

I am waiting for you to recommend a "Time Out" for the miscreant punk(s).

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    He doesn't know the vehicle, can't get the tag or description. Thus, by inferrence, you indicate there is nothing he can do other than watch it happen and file a report.

So do you have an answer or are you just afraid of being "Politically Incorrect"?

Is it ok in your book to turn a water hose on the Vandal, or is that Assault as well?
    So if he doesn't know the suspects vehicle or license plate, how can he mark it? Where did I suggest he watch it happen and do nothing? If he is there when it happens, he of course can take action. My advice for his action would be to get the vehicle license and description, a description of the suspect/s, and report it to the local LE. I do not recommend he confront the suspect/s.

Amd no, I do not recommend he turn a water hose on the vandals, if that is even an option. Why take a minor vandalism and have it escalate into a possible assault situation, either from the victim or suspect? That's what the local LE agency is there for.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    If he knows the suspects vehicle, why would he bother marking it? Why not just give the vehicle license plate and description to the local LE agency? If there is workable information on a vandalism, I'm sure his local agency would investigate.

That's what I would do.
    He doesn't know the vehicle, can't get the tag or description. Thus, by inferrence, you indicate there is nothing he can do other than watch it happen and file a report.

So do you have an answer or are you just afraid of being "Politically Incorrect"?

Is it ok in your book to turn a water hose on the Vandal, or is that Assault as well?

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    [QUOTE=Creeker].

I just know that you wouldn't sit back and do nothing, (nor would I) as you advocate that Mr. Lee should do.

QUOTE]

Can you point out to me where in this thread I advocated that Mr. Lee do nothing?

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Apparently you haven't kept up with the thread. If so, you would remember what I told our unfortunate victim. Call the FBI? Why would I? I am the one that thinks it is ok to paint mark an UN-IDENTIFIABLE vehicle.

You are right that I have no idea what you would do, which is why I asked.

I just know that you wouldn't sit back and do nothing, (nor would I) as you advocate that Mr. Lee should do.

P.S. I don't have any problem with Felons getting injured by dye markers either... nor any scumbag getting injured during the commission of a crime.

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    In this scenario we are talking about marking the vehicle, not the vandal, and neither is the intent to "assault" the vandal either. But it sounds as if it is OK to accidentally, although unintentionally, injure a felon, since the crime is of a higher priority, but not to intentionally mark the vehicle of a misdemeanant with undamaging paint

I realize that you spent every eager moment in IA, but most cops know that a vehicle with an odd paint job will stand out of the crowd, particularly if that information is known. We are still referring to an unknown vandals vehicle. How would the victim know the vehicle? Can you easily tell the difference in similar vehicles anymore, without reading the nameplates? It is in the dark and no plate or color is visible.

So do nothing but watch your house get damaged, report the crime and continue to be a victim.

I'd bet that's what you'd do
    First, I was never assigned to IA, but as a Sgt. and Lt. I was required to conduct internal investigations at a unit level. Sorry that bothers you. No, I'm really not sorry, nor do I give a damn if it bothers you.

You must have been a FTO to know that an oddly painted vehicle stands out. Did you teach this at the academy?

You have no idea of what I would do if I was vandalized. I suspect you would request the FBi if it wewre your property?

So again, why would you mark a vehicle which you already know, and should have the license plate and description?

P.S., I have no problem with a felon geting injured unintentionally from a bank dye marker.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    I doubt that the intent of the bank is as you suggest, is to "asault" the felon who robbed the bank. The intent of the exploding dye as you well know is is to identify if possible, the suspect who committed the armed robbery, and as an aid of hopefully apprehending the suspect. I don't know where you were a cop, but where I was, an armed felony of a bank was a higher priority than a house that had been egged.

If he knows the suspects vehicle, why would he bother marking it? Why not just give the vehicle license plate and description to the local LE agency? If there is workable information on a vandalism, I'm sure his local agency would investigate.

That's what I would do.
    In this scenario we are talking about marking the vehicle, not the vandal, and neither is the intent to "assault" the vandal either. But it sounds as if it is OK to accidentally, although unintentionally, injure a felon, since the crime is of a higher priority, but not to intentionally mark the vehicle of a misdemeanant with undamaging paint

I realize that you spent every eager moment in IA, but most cops know that a vehicle with an odd paint job will stand out of the crowd, particularly if that information is known. We are still referring to an unknown vandals vehicle. How would the victim know the vehicle? Can you easily tell the difference in similar vehicles anymore, without reading the nameplates? It is in the dark and no plate or color is visible.

So do nothing but watch your house get damaged, report the crime and continue to be a victim.

I'd bet that's what you'd do

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    [QUOTE=Creeker]No DUH. But the bank robbery has now been completed and the robber has now left the scene. Is it now alright for the bank to "assault" the robber with an explosion which is designed to render the money and the suspect marked? I've seen these dye packs tear open canvas bags. That's canvas...what they make sails on ships with.

QUOTE]

I doubt that the intent of the bank is as you suggest, is to "asault" the felon who robbed the bank. The intent of the exploding dye as you well know is is to identify if possible, the suspect who committed the armed robbery, and as an aid of hopefully apprehending the suspect. I don't know where you were a cop, but where I was, an armed felony of a bank was a higher priority than a house that had been egged.

That's what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Bank-usually an armed felony, both federal and state.

Egging a house-non-violent misdeameanor.
    No DUH. But the bank robbery has now been completed and the robber has now left the scene. Is it now alright for the bank to "assault" the robber with an explosion which is designed to render the money and the suspect marked? I've seen these dye packs tear open canvas bags. That's canvas...what they make sails on ships with.

I am all for capital punishment, but lets call it what it is and lets define what's OK to do and what's not.

Why can't a helpless victim ( as rendered by the Politically Correct ) mark a vandals vehicle with non-damaging vegetable oil based paint?

What would other Cops do in this situation? You are now retired and living out of state from your job. What would you do?

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    [QUOTE=Straight Up]Bank

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    Originally posted by J--WS6
    Your best bet is to contact the misdemenor division of your local state's attorney's office.
    California doesn't have a local misdemeanor division of the State Attorney General's Office. If he wants a report, he has to go through his local LE agency, who as you said will write the report, and it will go no furthur unless there is additional information forthcoming.

Leave a comment:

• J--WS6
    replied
    I dunno what kind of area you live in, but if you happen to be in a place where the Police/SO get more than two calls a day, you might as well just forget about it. No agency I know of is going to waste more than one or two man hours on a simple criminal mischief. Especially one involving 'possible damage' and eggs. If I got called to your house, and you INSISTED on a report, i'd do your report and file it. It would probably never pass over anybody elses desk, and im sure as hell not going to obtain security video, send fireworks off to the lab etc etc.

Your best bet is to contact the misdemenor division of your local state's attorney's office.

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    I am now officially interested in why a Bank can get away with marking someone with an exploding dye pack and a victim cannot mark a suspect vehicle.
    Bank-usually an armed felony, both federal and state.

Egging a house-non-violent misdeameanor.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6800 users online. 369 members and 6431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X