Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Fireworks Laws in the US?

I was curious, what are the fireworks regulations for the US? I believe in Arizona (where I live), they are illegal (correct me if I am wrong). Is there a site or something where I can find the laws for other states concerning fireworks?

Thanks!

"Fireworks laws" usually fall under city ordinaces instead of state laws. Technically I guess you could shoot for "breach of the peace" if your irritating the hell out of someone, but I don't see that happening. Around here you can't posses or light them inside city limits. In the county you can posses and light them as long as you're not endangering someone elses property or lighting them off into the street.

Comment

I think the patchwork of where they are legal vs. illegal is just too broad for any central website to be more than half correct. Some states they are totally illegal, then some states allow them, but some cities only allow them on certain days (mine,= New Years, & July 4), while still others totally outlaw them.
      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
      --------------------------------------------------
      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

***NOT A COP***

Not to mention that even in the same county some types of fireworks are legal, while others aren't. For a general list, try here American Pyrotechnics Assoc.
        Last edited by Tattoo'd Angel; 07-05-2005, 08:24 AM.
        STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

I am curious, are non-professionals who use fireworks required to have some sort of license?

Comment

Originally posted by drewmeister2
            I was curious, what are the fireworks regulations for the US? I believe in Arizona (where I live), they are illegal (correct me if I am wrong). Is there a site or something where I can find the laws for other states concerning fireworks?

Thanks!
            Here is a link that shows what fireworks are allowed in what states:

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/statelaws.htm
            If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Firworks laws

In Alabama, there is no state law regulating fireworks, either use or sale. Many cities have ordinances prohibiting sale or use of fire works. In most unincorporated areas, they are not prohibited. As noted, that will vary from state to state. Best advice I can offer, is to check with your local P.D. or Sheriff's Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
                In Alabama, there is no state law regulating fireworks, either use or sale. Many cities have ordinances prohibiting sale or use of fire works. In most unincorporated areas, they are not prohibited. As noted, that will vary from state to state. Best advice I can offer, is to check with your local P.D. or Sheriff's Dept.
                When I first moved to Alabama, I was like a kid in a candystore when it came to buying fireworks. I loved it.
                If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Thanks!

I've always been too afraid to do fireworks whenever Ive been out of state, probably because of all the accidents I've heard on the news, and because of the fires I've heard about that have been started by fireworks. But maybe its because I live in Arizona, where everything is really dry, that makes me afraid to do them out of state, because of all the stories I've heard about in AZ

Comment

Like many have said, check with your local city or county for ordinances. Very few states have laws on the books pertaining to the use of fireworks. Our county allows them, and the city has a 3 day period around the 4th of July where the ban is waived.

Comment

Don't forget to check the State Fire Marshall's codes, as well. In some states (CA?), the prohibition against fireworks is in the state fire laws, not the explosives laws.
                      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Yes, thats true, good point. The first link that was given on this post said to contact the State Fire Marshall for licensing stuff or whatever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3073 users online. 145 members and 2928 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X