300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam

I posted a thread over in the jobs forum but got no response so I'd thought I'd give it a shot here. Has anybody ever heard of being DQ'd for slightly elevated cholesterol? My came back high for the first time at 222 and my pre-employment physical is this Friday. I'm eating healthy and exercising so hopefully it will be lower. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Probably not but what is the cause. Excess Weight etc ?
    Many cops have elevated levels at one time or another.

Comment

I would say it's a combination of working thirds and some excess weight. I need to lose about 15-20 lbs. I've started a new exercise regiment and am trying to eat alot healthier so I have no doubt my levels will drop. Just not by Friday.

Comment

Are you certain they DQ people just for high cholesteral? 222 is elevated a bit but it's not like you have butter running through your veins. I never heard of a DQ for that but then again every state is different.

In the majority of cases it can be kept in check with medication and proper diet. I think you'll be ok assuming you pass the PAT and have no other medical conditions that would DQ you.

What have the officers in your state told you about this issue?
        Last edited by BrickCop; 07-04-2005, 05:27 PM.
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Nobody has told me it's a DQ. I'm just being a little paranoid I guess. This job has been a long time coming after 5 L-O-N-G years at at campus police dept. My BP is fine 120/76. I just wanted some feedback and I know this is the best place for it. Thanks folks. I'm sure I'll be fine as I have no other medical issues.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4122 users online. 236 members and 3886 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X