300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Gun Safety

Has anyone ever heard of the lawsuit a couple officers brought to court a few years back regarding the safety of their radar guns. I believe they stated they were made infertile due to testicular cancer. I know radar guns are getting smaller and have less output of microwaves than they used to, but is radar gun safety still an issue today?

Some officers rest the radar in their laps when they aren't using it.

I personally don't like running radar cause it just looked like it'll cause testicle cancer.

It's up to you, 133.50 ticket or children?

Comment

OSHP started mountin radar outside on light bar because of some concerns but nothing is proven yet. I would be more concerned about prolonged cellphone use right at the ear and keeping cellphone on in pocket close to a mans private parts etc.
      Stories about the Radar Gun were aired a few years back

Comment

The testicular cancer was brought up several years ago at a Pa state legislature meeting reguarding use of radar by local cops (currentlt Pa does not allow radar use by municpal cops). Some PSP joker made mention of the testicular cancer. I guess its ok to get the staties sick but gotta keep the locals healthy.. Makes no sense.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I heard it was from resting the hand held radars on your lap while it was still on, pointing at your boys.

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
            The Dept I work for uses laser guns. They are more precise and accurate. I have heard of the cancer thing before and have knowledge of an officer getting cancer from keeping the radar gun in his crotch area/resting it in his lap.
            Whew.......glad I'm "safe"!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3597 users online. 181 members and 3416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X