300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does size matter in L.E?

I am a student planning on going into law enforcement to be an officer. I am 5'11 and 140 lbs: very slender. How important of a roll does size play in the world of law enforcement??
    Smile and Wait for Flash

**former leo** ohh crap,, based off the thread title, i can already see what s heading this way,,,,but before you get ripped,,,it doesnt matter,,,just whether or not you are qualified and have the right demenor...but if you re a twig, you might get some flak from the bad guys,,but same holds true if you re plump.
    Last edited by gotthblues; 07-01-2005, 04:38 PM.

Comment

***NOT A LEO*** (Actually a Taurus)

I couldn't help but notice in your profile it states you are a sworn law enforcement officer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Max Fischer]I couldn't help but notice in your profile it states you are a sworn law enforcement officer.

man, you re a good detective you get snaps

Comment

Thanks brotha. I'm not trying to call anyone out, I was just really confused...

I think that the OP might not know about setting up that section of their profile.

Comment

well, i wont tell ya what mine looked like the first time i tried,, ,,,but i will say the o.com rejected it

Comment

I'm 6'1 170lbs...athletic, but slim build...I have had some perps that want to give me a go. Just remember, there is no such thing as a fair fight when it comes to policing. There's a reason they give us a gun, some "mace" and a "bat"!

Seriously though, policing is more about dealing with people. 98% of the time, it's your brains and your mouth that will take control of the scene, you don't necessarily have to be a tough guy.

BTW...if you are looking for a career in LE, you should practice your honesty. If you aren't a cop yet, why lie?

Comment

Seriously though, policing is more about dealing with people. 98% of the time, it's your brains and your mouth that will take control of the scene, you don't necessarily have to be a tough guy.

very good point

Comment

I work with a 5ft nothing gal and she is great. Awesome people skills and knows her limitations. No matter how big you are there is almost always someone bigger or has more friends.

Just make sure that you are confident about yourself and your abilities and you'll fine. If you are still concerned get into a good relevant to police work martial art.

Before I was a cop and I worked on the rapid transit system I enjoyed a good wrist lock no and again. It looks professional and scares the crap out of bad guys when you can have them standing on their tip toes from a wrist lock as you calmly tell them it's time to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                    I couldn't help but notice in your profile it states you are a sworn law enforcement officer.

im not a law enforcement officer, i dont know how to change it?
                    Smile and Wait for Flash

Comment

See, I knew it was an innocent mistake.

No worries friend. Just go to user CP (on the upper left hand side of the screen) and click. Then just change your setting and you should be all set.

This will save you lots of problems.

Welcome to this site, and enjoy it, there are great officers/LEOs here that have cool info to share.

Oops, I forgot to mention that under the User CP section you will then want to select, 'Edit Profile' that will take care of you.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm well over six feet & 200 pounds. It didnt hold me back in my career.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
                          I'm well over six feet & 200 pounds. It didnt hold me back in my career.

ROFLMAO....

Comment

Originally posted by WILDWDTOUR
                            I am a student planning on going into law enforcement to be an officer. I am 5'11 and 140 lbs: very slender. How important of a roll does size play in the world of law enforcement??
                            You're real similar to me. I'm 5'10 and a little over 135lbs though. I'm the process of buying some weights and a bench though. Hopefully if I'm not too lazy I can discipline myself to actually get some results that I want/need.

Comment

Originally posted by WILDWDTOUR
                              I wouldn't worry. I'm 5'9". I've worked with male officers that are at the 5' mark (their duty belt looks like it belongs on a Ken doll).

Some agencies do have height requirements. Granted, the bigger you are, the less likely someone is to get confrontational.
                              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6510 users online. 363 members and 6147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X