300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Fees

I noticed that several agencies charge non-refundable fees when turning in an application. Most of these range in price from $20-$40. I was wondering why this fee is assessed and where the money goes? Three of the departments I want to apply to charge fees ($25, $25, and $40). If you add the cost of getting 3 transcripts ($12), it's over $100 just to apply! I'm just a broke college kid still...

As the saying goes, you've got to pay to play. I suspect the application fees help weed out some of the less serious applicants.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Believe it or not some large companies are now charging for past employment info. I called one well-known soft drink company to verify past employment and they told me it would cost $25 to get any info. These fees could be used to offset some bg investigation costs.

Comment

Covers basic cost of application processing and grading of tests.

Comment

Wow, that's news to me. In CA I can't find one agency that charges an applicant $ to submit an application. The State or City you live in must be hurting for $$$. Find another agency that does not charge you to apply. I would never pay a non-refundable fee to apply for a job.

www.****************************
          Good Luck and Test Well!
          Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
          6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

In FL I have yet to see an application fee.

Comment

Application Fees

Not in Alabama----yet.

Comment

Our Civil Service gives PO tests every two years and rakes in over a million bucks from app fees state wide.

You can write-off those expenses related to job searches.
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4965 users online. 327 members and 4638 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X