Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me what the POWER test (RUN) is like.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me what the POWER test (RUN) is like.

I have been preparing my self for the POWER test just in case I get hired. I want to be ready for everything. Especially the mile and a half run. I have been walking/jogging every night now. (it is so hot here it was 103 degrees yesterday...so I go at night )

Please tell me what the 1.5 run is like...(for those of you that have been through it). For my age catagory I have to make the run in 16.52 minutes. I really need to practice. But I know I can do it! Right now I am really sore.

Is it non stop running the entire way? What if they slow down a bit or if they walk a bit??? Are they more interested in you making it with-in the time frame?
    Just really wanted to know!
    Thanks!

power run

Thats over 10 mins per mile. You could walk that fast! If you can't jog a nearly 17 minute mile and a half, you really do need to work on it. Try it at a local track, you'll find that you can do it. Then try to get it down as fast as you can.
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

*FORMER LEO*

like jerrymac said,,you could walk that,,,most are around a 14 minute minimum...as far as stopping to walk,,,well,,i just depends,,i am looking to get back into LE,,,one dept has minimum standards,,but the better you do, the better your score,,,the other,,,they just look for pass or fail...but when i finished college,,i had a lot of apps out,,most said the better you do, the better your score even though it was a pass or fail test.

Comment

I usually go to our local high school which has an official track surrounding the football field. Usually they're open to the public, and if it's a standard track, 6 times around will be equal to 1.5 miles. Good luck on your preparation for the POWER test!

Comment

Power Run

Sorry.........I was suppose to put this in the health and fitness section...
          Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Don't come to California:

1.5 mile run, (6 lap around a standard track and field) Anything over 12:00 minutes would be considered a fail according to P.O.S.T. standard.

If you can't run 1.5 miles in less than 12:00 min. You will get hammered and probably fail any CA law enforcement academy.

LAPD, Sheriff, Rio Hondo, Golden West, Long BEach Police Dept. etc.... will kick your butt..... Fail to keep up with the class in PT... we ususally run a mile at a 9 to 10 minute pace.. if you can't keep up and drop back 6 to 8 times, you will be disqualified from the police academy. I have personally seen 6 recruits fail because they failed to prepare. "Fat bodies, shin split, sore knee, sore back, etc...) excuses, excuses.

In my academy class, LBPD #75 2001, the fastest 1.5 mile time was 8:00, the average was 10:50 and the slowest guy was 12:45. My time was 10:03. go to www.runnersworld.com for some insightful articles and suggestion.

www.****************************
            Good Luck and Test Well!
            Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
            6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

Originally posted by wayno1806
              Don't come to California:

1.5 mile run, (6 lap around a standard track and field) Anything over 12:00 minutes would be considered a fail according to P.O.S.T. standard.
              Just curious where you are finding this POST standard?
              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5753 users online. 308 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X