• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. John Doe
    Don't forget the media people!!!!!!!!!!
    And any medical personnel that may be in the position to save your life one day

Leave a comment:

• Mr. John Doe
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
    Heck no! I'd stick it to a judge or politician.

Don't forget the media people!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• P/O CASS
    Guest replied
    I have no respect for any officer who would drive while intoxicated. I personally don't drink. If I did, I would have enough responsibility to do it wisely and avoid jeopardizing my job and the safety of others. Sorry, but no breaks for that officer.

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    [QUOTE=Straight Up]Question
    Hoping not to sound like a smart *** here. But to those that would cut them a break and find them a way home, is this something that you would extend to the average joe or reserved just for important people such as judges, politicians, or other LEO

Leave a comment:

• Straight Up
    replied
    Question
    Hoping not to sound like a smart *** here. But to those that would cut them a break and find them a way home, is this something that you would extend to the average joe or reserved just for important people such as judges, politicians, or other LEO

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    I would make an arrest just as in any other case or call in another unit to handle stop etc.
    In this day unlike many years back you just can't give the breaks we used to.
    Yes and I am an old guy

Leave a comment:

• royhobes
    replied
    Funny, looking at the profiles and experience of the guys who posted on this, the younger ones would arrest the fella, and the older ones would take other measures. I'm a 19 year guy and I'd drive him home, but I still don't know the right answer.

Leave a comment:

• chiefhuntr
    replied
    Yup

Originally posted by Tennsix
    I would do the right thing...

BEST ANSWER YET.

Leave a comment:

• wayno1806
    replied
    Depends on your current status of employment: If you are an applicant and they ask this question: Letter of the law....he/she goes to jail.

If you are a peace officer off probation: Spirit of the law....

www.****************************

Leave a comment:

• Thin Blue Line
    replied
    I can see both sides on this issue and when dealing with an officer in this situation, I think its important to use discretion on a case-by-case basis.

The most concerning thing to me with this debate is the decline of officer discretion in the LE world. Granted, there are certain offenses which must be mandatory arrests, but LE is most effective when officers can use discretion in dealing with situations.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    i agree, like i said earlier,,i didnt work in a big metro,,,just a smaller town, and i m sure things are different,,,but i wouldnt say never,,,i know a former leo who is the fed pen now. no i was not there when it all went down, but part of it was on tape,,,but my opinion,,he got shafted,,,just another cop tried by an anti cop jury.

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    DAVE,,,i see your point, but what about he other guy who loses his job, is it fair to him. both knew what would happen if caught,, but anyway,,i dont know, like someone has posted before,,,all you ever see in the media is a cop screwing up and gettin fryed for it,,,i guess that just took a toll on me...yeah,,some deserve it and some didnt...but i dont know....plus i had a real hard core capt., any violation of statutes = arrest,,,just the way he was,,great guy but hard core.
    It is one of those things that can be debated over and over again with different opinions. When it comes down to it, if you follow the law and your departments policies, you will never get in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    DAVE,,,i see your point, but what about he other guy who loses his job, is it fair to him. both knew what would happen if caught,, but anyway,,i dont know, like someone has posted before,,,all you ever see in the media is a cop screwing up and gettin fryed for it,,,i guess that just took a toll on me...yeah,,some deserve it and some didnt...but i dont know....plus i had a real hard core capt., any violation of statutes = arrest,,,just the way he was,,great guy but hard core.

Leave a comment:

• apddawg
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    it happens, that s why its a forum,,,but good chat,,i thought about what you said after i posted, but i was going to wait,,,and your right, i worked a town of popul. 18000, 28 uniformed,,,i also preferred gettin dope and burglars, and towns peolpe also care more about that,,,,anyway,,,like i said,,,good debate for a change,,,,stay safe
    Stay safe as well...and it is good chat.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    it happens, that s why its a forum,,,but good chat,,i thought about what you said after i posted, but i was going to wait,,,and your right, i worked a town of popul. 18000, 28 uniformed,,,i also preferred gettin dope and burglars, and towns peolpe also care more about that,,,,anyway,,,like i said,,,good debate for a change,,,,stay safe

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1434 users online. 90 members and 1344 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X