X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bnathanb1982
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2005

Writing tickets to county employees

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm fairly new to this board and had a question about writing tickets. Say you work for Gwinnett county police department and you as a cop pullover a Gwinnett County Fire Fighter and give him a ticket for speeding. Can this ticket be thrown out of court for a "conflict of interest" or something like that. One of my friends is a firefighter and told me that and I'm trying to prove him wrong and get the right answer on this.

Thanks
    Nathan
  • SO535
    Still a Stupid Rookie
    • Dec 2004

The ticket won't get thrown out just because the one who is cited is a firefighter. The ticket also will not get thrown out because they both are county employees. I would not write a ticket to a firefighter especially a Gwinnett County Firefighter as they very well may be the one pulling my butt out of a wreck one day. As a Gwinnett County Employee I am not familiar with anything like that in our employee handbook.
    Last edited by SO535; 06-29-2005, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Stan Switek
      In memory of Delta784
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bnathanb1982
      I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm fairly new to this board and had a question about writing tickets. Say you work for Gwinnett county police department and you as a cop pullover a Gwinnett County Fire Fighter and give him a ticket for speeding. Can this ticket be thrown out of court for a "conflict of interest" or something like that. One of my friends is a firefighter and told me that and I'm trying to prove him wrong and get the right answer on this.

Thanks
      Nathan
      Conflict of interest???? The guy alleging that obviously doesnt know the meaning of the term.

Comment

• NOTINLE
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2004

I
        If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Comment

• Mr. John Doe
          No Longer Active
          • May 2005

I can see where this is going.

We have beat this topic to death, would you give a ticket to ________. I would only give a ticket to someone if they deserves it, or if there violation calls for it.

Side note, I will always write anybody that runs for a position in the city or county, only person that would get off is the sheriff if he is nice.

Comment

• Centurion44
            Charges-Like-Rhino
            • Mar 2005

Gwinnett County SO can kiss it.

To answer the original question, no it won't get thrown out due to conflict of interest. When I worked in the jail I saw Gwinnett Firefighter come through the back door for DUI or public drunk or something- this was years ago. But it proves they aren't above catching a charge.
            You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

• fjlloyd
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Centurion44
              Gwinnett County SO can kiss it.
              What is that supposed to mean? Do you have some sort of problem with GCSO?

Comment

• Centurion44
                Charges-Like-Rhino
                • Mar 2005

Before the flaming starts: No, I used to work there. Best SO in the state, IMO.
                You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

• Bodie
                  No Longer Active
                  • Feb 2004

I am not sure why this question was even asked. You can write your Lt a ticket and Conflict of Interest awn't have any bearing.
                  But why write a firefighter if violations was not DUI or the result of an accident or speed to unreasonable to ignore ??????

Comment

• ftlaudcop
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. John Doe
                    I can see where this is going.

We have beat this topic to death, would you give a ticket to ________. I would only give a ticket to someone if they deserves it, or if there violation calls for it.

Side note, I will always write anybody that runs for a position in the city or county, only person that would get off is the sheriff if he is nice.
                    if i was sheriff, i'd take the ticket with a smile.....then deputize ya and
                    have ya workin the county jail , to sho ya how nice i was.....

" if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

• Mr. John Doe
                      No Longer Active
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                      if i was sheriff, i'd take the ticket with a smile.....then deputize ya and
                      have ya workin the county jail , to sho ya how nice i was.....

www.schackdaddy.com

I wouldn't ticket a sheriff though, I would ticket Bush in a second though. And Clinton and arrest him on exposure cause he was with Monica.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12117 users online. 75 members and 12042 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...