300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol Enforcement

I'm curious if we have anybody on the message boards that is an Agent with N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement or if anybody here has had many dealings with them. Just want to know about job duties and the inside scoop on the agency.

Thanks and Be Safe

Alcoholic Cops ............ serious problem in ohio .. Alcohol Divison used to be stand alone but because of serious problems is now under supervision of Ohio Highway Patrol .... Deputy Director just resigned.
    Most agencies of this type are not real good leo jobs sort of towards the bottom of the barrel

Comment

I hope you mean SOME not MOST. Don't dump me and the agency I work for into such a broad barrel - I could care less about any other states agency problems. If there are problems with the officers the agency needs to be quick and concise in solving the problems.

I've spoken to officers from other "agencies of this type" (in different states) and it appears that a lot of them have officers from local PDs get hired. That's the case with my agency as well - we're not even accepting applications yet and we've already gotten almost 700 submissions - many who are current LEOs.

Sorry for the rant... If a particular state has a specialized law enforcement agency with problems among its officers - I see no need to insinuate that it must be the type of work they do and therefore any other state with a similar agency must suffer the same issues. Officers in my agency train other law enforcement officers in a variety of different police related tasks. Officer in my agency work UC without backup in locations most other officers would never dream of going into. Officers in my agency work hard and do not deserve to be lumped together with the scofflaws as if we're "bottom of the barrel"-type police officers.

Comment

for what they do.....sign me up.....!!!!

maybe a 2nd career for me..in 2008......

www.schackdaddy.com
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          Alcoholic Cops ............ serious problem in ohio .. Alcohol Divison used to be stand alone but because of serious problems is now under supervision of Ohio Highway Patrol .... Deputy Director just resigned.
          Most agencies of this type are not real good leo jobs sort of towards the bottom of the barrel
          Bodie was that a Freudian slip?

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by beer cop
            I hope you mean SOME not MOST. Don't dump me and the agency I work for into such a broad barrel - I could care less about any other states agency problems. If there are problems with the officers the agency needs to be quick and concise in solving the problems.

I've spoken to officers from other "agencies of this type" (in different states) and it appears that a lot of them have officers from local PDs get hired. That's the case with my agency as well - we're not even accepting applications yet and we've already gotten almost 700 submissions - many who are current LEOs.

Sorry for the rant... If a particular state has a specialized law enforcement agency with problems among its officers - I see no need to insinuate that it must be the type of work they do and therefore any other state with a similar agency must suffer the same issues. Officers in my agency train other law enforcement officers in a variety of different police related tasks. Officer in my agency work UC without backup in locations most other officers would never dream of going into. Officers in my agency work hard and do not deserve to be lumped together with the scofflaws as if we're "bottom of the barrel"-type police officers.
            I saw that one coming...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5864 users online. 324 members and 5540 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X