300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board Question

I recently interviewed with a local dept. here in Oregon. One of my questions asked is; " If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?" I am trying to find out the basis behind this question. Your help is greatly appreciated. Liz

Originally posted by lcpanam
    I recently interviewed with a local dept. here in Oregon. One of my questions asked is; " If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?" I am trying to find out the basis behind this question. Your help is greatly appreciated. Liz

I had this question recently during a psych test. From my understanding, they don't want people that say animals like, Bears, lions....Really aggresive animals. They also don't want really passive ones, like bunnies, kittens....you know what I mean.

I have heard that saying a dog, is a good answer, then follow up by saying, dogs are loyal animals.....
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Where at in Oregon?
      Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

Oral

I applied at Umatilla PD.

Comment

I applied at Umatilla PD.
          So, what animal did you say and why?

Comment

Animal

ha, the first thing that came to mind, a horse. Esp. being they are my favorite. Dog I could yunderstand, the obediance etc.. but I said horse. Felt like a dork, afterward, but I stuck to it. They only did the simple nodding.

Comment

ha, the first thing that came to mind, a horse. Esp. being they are my favorite. Dog I could yunderstand, the obediance etc.. but I said horse. Felt like a dork, afterward, but I stuck to it. They only did the simple nodding.

I think horse would be an okay answer.

Comment

Oral board

dave in utah, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, looks like a horse is neither not aggressive nor passive. Now it is the waiting game, I had some stiff competition tho, so fingers are crossed.

Comment

dave in utah, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, looks like a horse is neither not aggressive nor passive. Now it is the waiting game, I had some stiff competition tho, so fingers are crossed.
                  The waiting game sucks. Good luck to you.

Comment

Oral Board

dave in utah, esp. being I was the only female in the room with the board, all 5 males. We had some chuckles tho, they asked what a negative is about myself, all I could come up with is stating I crack a joke at the wrong time, they laughed and said there is no bad time... Whew...

Comment

dave in utah, esp. being I was the only female in the room with the board, all 5 males. We had some chuckles tho, they asked what a negative is about myself, all I could come up with is stating I crack a joke at the wrong time, they laughed and said there is no bad time... Whew...

That's good. A sense of humor is good in this business. Most of the guys in my department are comedians. Is this the only department you are testing with right now?

Comment

This one and then gresham which is a large dept. and is very active. I prefer a small town, but,, I go where I can, serve a few years, then go to a small town. Liz

Comment

This one and then gresham which is a large dept. and is very active. I prefer a small town, but,, I go where I can, serve a few years, then go to a small town. Liz
                          That's how you have to do it. I am a reserve in a small town, and just had a chief's interview with another small town. You take what you can get. A foot in the door

Comment

Good for you!!!! I hear ya on foot in the door. I have contemplated going reserve to gain experience, etc. But will give it a go with this first. hey I wish you all the best, I am sure you will do well.
                            Liz

Comment

Good for you!!!! I hear ya on foot in the door. I have contemplated going reserve to gain experience, etc. But will give it a go with this first. hey I wish you all the best, I am sure you will do well.
                              Liz
                              The same to you Liz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6060 users online. 324 members and 5736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X