Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seller frauded 260$ on ebay, what to do?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller frauded 260$ on ebay, what to do?

Hi!

I've been buying from ebay for a year now and not I know how to avoud fraud sellers. But 10 moths ago I bought some items and sended payment via signed mail (and not via paypal which is more secure). Well, to make it short I never received any products nor my refund money. The seller has replyed my messages tellin excuses and sometimes promising refund. I've sended about 40 emails to him and he has replyed me about 25 times. Now he won't aswer to any emails.

I this he is not a "professional" thief, but in this case he just feels like he can get away fromt his.

I know all his details, but I'm asking you what is the most effecting way to solve this problem? Should I contact to U.S police (neares police station from his locations is in Delphos) or should I contact my countrys Police? I've tried to get email address of Deplhos police but without success. I warned him few times about contacting police and he was really scared so I think a phone call from a proper person would be enough to get my refund finally.

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by Ocean; 06-29-2005, 02:10 AM.

I lost out on $35 dollars on Ebay once... I know it is not near the loss you expierienced.

I bought an item and the second I did the seller became non-active. No replys, nothing.

Have you tried going through Ebay, filing a complaint and working through the mediation program they have ?
    Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97
      I lost out on $35 dollars on Ebay once... I know it is not near the loss you expierienced.

I bought an item and the second I did the seller became non-active. No replys, nothing.

Have you tried going through Ebay, filing a complaint and working through the mediation program they have ?
      I have not made a meditation request, since ebay is so capitalistic (meditation costs 20$, which is outrageous IMO)

The point is that this guy has replyed me for 8 moths, he just stopped recently. I think I will get my money back, but only with help of police officer or similar. He told me on early that his father is a lawyer so I think he will refund me.

Comment

Oops, forgot this was LEO only
        Last edited by Badfish740; 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocean
          ...He told me on early that his father is a lawyer so I think he will refund me.
          I wouldn't bank on it, for this very reason.

Call your local Gendarmes and ask them. International lawsuits are probably not anyone here's strong suit.

I hate to say it, but you may have to write it off as a lesson learned. It won't be cost effective to do much else personally, IMHO.
          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
          --------------------------------------------------
          Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
          --------------------------------------------------
          Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Originally posted by Creeker
            I wouldn't bank on it, for this very reason.

Call your local Gendarmes and ask them. International lawsuits are probably not anyone here's strong suit.

I hate to say it, but you may have to write it off as a lesson learned. It won't be cost effective to do much else personally, IMHO.
            I disagree. It's not about lawsuit, we here in europe don't suit people for every reasons .This is a criminal manner, since it is a fraud, so it must be dealed with police.

Can somebody please tell me how can I get email numbers of officers in Delhos police stations.

Comment

Stop making excuses. Contact ebay & advise them of the problem. That is the first thing any law enforcement agency is going to ask you. So it costs $20? If it helps you recover your loss, so what? Also give the seller negative feedback so no one else does business with him, at least under that name. You have screwed around for 8 months!! Stop making excuses & get with it. Law enforcement is not a collection agency on bad ebay deals.

Comment

Civil problem, not criminal. You bought the item, paid for it, but never received it. Now, if we talked to the seller, he would probably say, "he sent it." or you gave him the wrong address etc....

Report it to e.bay, and leave a negative feedback to warn other good ebayer. Next time, use paypal....secured.....
                Good Luck and Test Well!
                Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
                6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

At my agency we have taken theft by deception complaints from people on situations like this. I have even contacted the frauding party and gotten payment received. But at my agency we only take a complaint if the victim lives in my jurisdiction.

If you are in Europe and the guy is in the States I don't think you are going to be able to get help on the Criminal Enforcement side. Here that amount of theft is a misdemeanor (I'm sure you have similar standards there).

If I had irrefutable evidence to charge someone for an offense like that I could only get an arrest warrant within my State. The court doesn't want to pay to extradite someone a long distance.

If the guy sent you a letter telling you he was e thief and he had no remorse, and included a copy of his driver's license and home address what could you do with it. Your local authorities won't go thousands of miles to get him for a few hundred bucks.

I am not trying to make your problem seem any less important to you. A couple of hundred bucks is a lot to me and I would be angry. I think your only hope at a resolution is to go through Ebay. If he has been using Ebay long enough that you, an experienced user, were willing to send him that much money he must have a good sales profile and he would not want to screw with that. Take the gloves off and use Ebay to hit him for the money.

Comment

For what it's worth.....

I would just leave a nagative feedback...and let ebay know what happened. If you want to file a complaint with YOUR local agency...go ahead. Some are better than others........I have had them look at me like I had three heads for similar situations.

Warn others with the neg and move on. There is no way you are going to force anything for less money than you lost. I would guess that this is not the first, nor the last, time this guy has done this. Just let everyone else know, and move on.

Good luck!
                    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4842 users online. 299 members and 4543 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X