300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed. Cops?

What are the requirements, educational, preivous job LE background required to become a federal cop?? Do feds have good benefits compared to state or local? Any major downsides to being fed? Thanks ....

Kind of a general question. You need to look into each agency itself to do a comparison. What kind of LE interests you. Do you want to be an investigator(FBI) or do you want high speed, low drag(DEA). Do you have a family, do you ever want one? Do you have a degree. Many of the Fed dept's req a degree of some sort.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

If you want to be a federal police officer (0083) series, you either need a 2 year degree if you go in as a GS-04 or a bachlor's degree if you go in as a GS-05. You can get the degree waived if you have experience as a military police officer, police officer in a town, state level etc.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Look at the individual web pages. In general the more education you have the better the money and "cooler" the position.

For example the DEA hires are the GS-7 level for a bachelor
        Last edited by Navy Guy; 06-28-2005, 08:26 AM.
        I know I should feed the trolls but it is just SO hard.

Comment

You don
          Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Currently, isn't there something like a 4 year wait to get through a Federal hiring process?

Comment

Originally posted by Serpico
              Currently, isn't there something like a 4 year wait to get through a Federal hiring process?
              Depends what agency and what type of FLEO position you are talking about......some can hire you in as little as 30-40 days while others take years.

Comment

Look at your local Federal Reserve, boring work - nobody tries to rob a Fed.
                But the benefits are great.
                Kelly

between you

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
                  Look at your local Federal Reserve, boring work - nobody tries to rob a Fed.
                  But the benefits are great.

You need previous security exp. for Fed. reserve according to their website

Try Capitol Police or SSUD....I am in the process for both these right now

***** me sorry..not supposed to post here...won't happen again
                  Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller

Cop or military apply the most they can say is no.

Hell they hired me.
                    Kelly

between you

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller

Yo, what up Chilla
                      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatz06
                        Depends what agency and what type of FLEO position you are talking about......some can hire you in as little as 30-40 days while others take years.
                        What type of Federal positions hire in as little as 40 days? Also, any idea on when USMS is going to allow civilians to apply?

Comment

What type of Federal positions hire in as little as 40 days?
                          A lot of the Military bases will hire people that fast...same with VA, Fed Reserve, etc.....just depends on how bad they need bodies and how motivated they are in wanting to hire folks.

Also, any idea on when USMS is going to allow civilians to apply?
                          Not for a while according to all the DUSMS I know. They are going off a list from a couple of years ago....and those are only for the 0082 positions, not 1811 positions.

Comment

What type of fed are you looking at? Uniformed or investigative?
                            The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Uniformed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5545 users online. 323 members and 5222 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X