300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA + or -

Do you think being a member of the NRA is hinderance in the selection process of trying to become an officer?

It has never even came up on any interview I have had and I'm a card carrying life member. As an aside, the http://leaa.org/ LEAA is the officer version of the NRA of which I'm also a LT memebr. It might hurt you in some instances but I think those would be rare.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Not one bit.....

Comment

Better to be a card carrying member of the NRA than the aclu.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
        between you
        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

It will only hurt if the admin is anti-gun except for PD and Military. In many cases, especially rural departments, it could actually help. A Chief at one of the agencies I applied to right out of the academy is a LT member and wanted to know why I was a member. (if you are wondering read my signature) Be prepared for this question, if you disclose that information (not always required). GOOD LUCK and JOIN TODAY!
          " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5041 users online. 270 members and 4771 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X