X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia State Police

Hey,

Has anyone here been through the VSP academy? If so what do you believe to be the hardest parts?

yes i have been through. all 8 months of it. being away from family is the hardest part

Comment

Originally posted by VSP630
      yes i have been through. all 8 months of it. being away from family is the hardest part
      The second-hardest thing is learning how to screw with brother officers returning from a volunteer rescue mission in New Orleans.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Vsp

A fellow officer at in my Department not only got a speeding ticket from Virginia State police, but they also decided to give him a reckless driving ticket as well because he was going 20mph over the limit on a major highway. Wow!!!!!!!!!
        Pray for the best, Train for the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
          The second-hardest thing is learning how to screw with brother officers returning from a volunteer rescue mission in New Orleans.
          Yep.........as the thin blue line gets thinner by the day.
          What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

I hear this a lot....

Originally posted by olay020
            A fellow officer at in my Department not only got a speeding ticket from Virginia State police, but they also decided to give him a reckless driving ticket as well because he was going 20mph over the limit on a major highway. Wow!!!!!!!!!

I hear this a lot about VSP. Any VSP members want to comment? Does such a culture exist in your agency? Would love a reply from someone who knows.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

It takes 8 months to brainwash them into thinking that they can ticket everyone. Are you for real eight months long!!! I went for 26 weeks and that was too long and I'm a real police officer. Why does it take 8 months to teach VSP how to write tickets? Because obviously they do nothing else.

Comment

Its really sad that alot of you are judging our department on the actions of one Trooper. Plus it might also help you to learn the whole story before you go runnig your mouth about something you dont know anything about. Personally I do not write other officers tickets for anything. I think it is safe to say that every dept has a few officers who write other officers. I know for a fact that the guys that I work with are on the same page as I am. I have pulled over several guys from NYPD in the past and the latest i pulled over for 95 in a 65. I just asked him to slow down and have a safe trip. We traded business cards and we even exchanged patches.

Comment

Its really sad that alot of you are judging our department on the actions of one Trooper.
                  That one trooper really gets around! He must travel the entire state, thats a pretty big area to cover!!

Plus it might also help you to learn the whole story before you go runnig your mouth about something you dont know anything about.
                  While I wasn't there it seems to be alot of stories about VSP writing LEO's. Thats one thing I DO know. As I posted earlier why is it that the convoys were able to make it through all the other states and not have problems? But the FACTS show that two convoys were stopped in VA.

Honestly, you know just as much about the story as I do. Because you weren't there either. Unless you were

Comment

Everyone here that is bashing the VSP as a whole needs to get a life. You bad mouth and talk like bad *** cowards from behind your computer screens. None of you can let any of this go. I for one am tired of trying to reconcile and appoligize for what a few of my VSP brothers have done. You just like beating a dead horse till theres nothing left. Its attitudes like some of you portray on these forums that have gotten you tickets in the first place. Its a shame that all some of you have to do is whine and cry about how bad the VSP is. You bad mouth our department, our troopers, now you are bad mouthing our academy? Rename this website to whineandbitchaboutthevsp.com... Real cops don't bad mouth other cops and harp on a few mistakes like this forum does. It seems to me there are very few real cops in this forum, therefore I will not visit or post another thing here. Today its the VSP bashing, wait til another agency screws up, then you babies will bash them too.
                    Its funny that everyone preaches how awful it is to write other cops, and many of you are talking about stroking the next VSP trooper that comes thru your beam. Go ahead. Drag yourself down to the level you are all complaining about. Keep it up, you can only bash and bad mouth us so much, until we are gonna say screw it. You can take our apologies for what they are worth and let us all get back to what we are supposed to do, or keep it up and see what happens......

I'm done here... those of you that can forgive us, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-vsp812
                      Rename this website to whineandbitchaboutthevsp.com...
                      I just checked....that domain name is available.

Real cops don't bad mouth other cops and harp on a few mistakes like this forum does.
                      Real cops don't write other cops. Perhaps, instead of bitching here, you should apply a little peer pressure to your bretheren to do the right thing.

Keep it up, you can only bash and bad mouth us so much, until we are gonna say screw it. You can take our apologies for what they are worth and let us all get back to what we are supposed to do, or keep it up and see what happens......
                      What's going to happen? You're going to stop marked police vehicles on a relief mission? Oh, wait....you've already done that. It seems to me that you're just setting-up an excuse for the next time you screw some brother officers...."Oh, we have a bad rep anyway, so the hell with it".
                      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I see another flaming idiot who has no idea what what happened down here in VA. These quotes just continue to amaze me. Truely a clueless moron to make such a statement......you obvioulsy need a life!

Comment

I just checked....that domain name is available.

Real cops don't write other cops. Perhaps, instead of bitching here, you should apply a little peer pressure to your bretheren to do the right thing.

What's going to happen? You're going to stop marked police vehicles on a relief mission? Oh, wait....you've already done that. It seems to me that you're just setting-up an excuse for the next time you screw some brother officers...."Oh, we have a bad rep anyway, so the hell with it".
                          Is this delta784 for real? He must be a professional comedian!!! Hes killing me!!! Where does he come up with this stuff???? Originally I thought he had about a 5th grade education....after that last quote, he must have dropped out of home school at age 7 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                            I hear this a lot about VSP. Any VSP members want to comment? Does such a culture exist in your agency? Would love a reply from someone who knows.
                            Yes, I will comment....no we dont write cops.....we have 2000 members and yes like ALL agencies, we have had a few idiots who have apparently written a police officer, although Ive never seen it.....in 9 years on the road ive stopped over 350 police officers on I-95, many @ 90mph plus.....90% being NYPD......0 tickets issued....swapped many a patch....yes you crybabies, you heard it, none ever got a ticket....its unfortunate if one ever did somewhere sometime by someone, but you know what...after seeing all the garbage on here the past few weeks about the NYPD convoy thing....you cant believe a THING you hear, because its all 100% untrue....so if you want to believe these uneducated idiots and all their crap they carry with them, go ahead............

Comment

If you look under Deltas profile. The agency he works for i think pretty much explains everything. Its nice to see that they are teaching the "special kids" how to use the computer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28351 users online. 217 members and 28134 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X