300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best memory

What is your favorite memory (or moment) from your years as a LEO? Proudest, happiest, funniest, anything....

I am pretty new into policing...

But at our academy graduation we got to have a loved one pin our badge on our shirt as kind of symbolic thing. I had my father pin the badge on my shirt. It was a pretty proud moment for both of us...

As far as actually on the job stuff goes a lot of stuff happens all the time that makes me proud and happy with what I do.

I have been honored once by our department as "officer of the year" that was cool...

Being on the honor guard this year for the Law enforcement memorial was pretty touching too.
    Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I delivered a baby at 4am during a blinding snowstorm around 10 years ago. The ambulance took over a half-hour to make it there because of the weather, so it fell on me.

It happened so fast that I didn't have time to be proud, get scared, or much of anything else. It is nice, though, to think that I played a part in bringing a new life into the world.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
        I delivered a baby at 4am during a blinding snowstorm around 10 years ago. The ambulance took over a half-hour to make it there because of the weather, so it fell on me.

It happened so fast that I didn't have time to be proud, get scared, or much of anything else. It is nice, though, to think that I played a part in bringing a new life into the world.
        Did you not have to cut the little uterus or whatever it's called?

Comment

I am proud of much that I did. Two things stand out:
          1. I trained over 5,000 officers in firearms/officer safety. Never lost one in a shooting (But I lost 2 friends in the OKC bombing).
          2. I arrested right at 1,000 felons over my career. I had 999 convictions or guilty pleas, and one case overturned on appeal.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
            I take it you're not a doctor. Or a woman. It's called an Umbilical Cord.
            STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattoo'd Angel
              I take it you're not a doctor. Or a woman. It's called an Umbilical Cord.
              Damn... was way off.

Comment

Delivering a baby on interstate 10 about 30 miles from the nearest town. I didn't think I could do it but delivered many more over the years. The first was something to remember.
                Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, that would be saved for the EMTs (or the docs back at the hospital) because the umbilical cord has to be clamped off on either side of the cut to retard bleeding. There's other things that have to be done as well (I won't get graphic) so if help is enroute it's best to save it for them. I don't know what Delta wound up doing though, as I wasn't there.
                  STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Uterus???

Originally posted by Matto

Now THAT is the funniest thing I've seen in law enforcement....roflmfaooooo.............dang man do you need an anatomy lesson? Your poor wife/gf!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
                      I am proud of much that I did. Two things stand out:
                      1. I trained over 5,000 officers in firearms/officer safety. Never lost one in a shooting (But I lost 2 friends in the OKC bombing).
                      2. I arrested right at 1,000 felons over my career. I had 999 convictions or guilty pleas, and one case overturned on appeal.

Damn that is pretty good, I would be glad to have one of those records.

God Bless your friends in the OKC bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784

That is somethin' else. Being a part of a new life's entry into the world.

BUT

I may be pregnant. I'm starting to feel a few symptoms of pregnancy.

Comment

Originally posted by umtkny
                          I may be pregnant. I'm starting to feel a few symptoms of pregnancy.
                          Good, then you get to tell Matto what the uterus does.

Congrats!!

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattoo'd Angel
                            Good, then you get to tell Matto what the uterus does.

Congrats!!

Thanks. LOL, you are funny. Does Matto want to know what the uterus does?

Comment

My bad my bad, atleast I got the starting letter right.... right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2275 users online. 130 members and 2145 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X