Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best undershirt for bulletproof vest

http://www.bailsupply.com/Merchant2/...ode=UNDERARMOR

I want to get this for my buddy that lets me ride along with him on duty...just as a thank you. He says the vest is sometimes uncomfortable in the heat but he just deals with it because the t-shirts are too expensive. Is this the right product or are there better ones?

I have no complaints about Underarmour... Should be a good choice.

well, just one. It does not come with the muscles you see in the commercials.

Comment

Also, you might look for a ribbed undershirt. It lifts the vest off of the body a bit providing for air flow.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I had one of the ribbed shirts and the maor problem is that the material was freakin scratchy as hell, maybe now the stuff is better but a good old fashioned cotton t-shirt is good. The underarmouirs are real pricey.
        I got nothing for now

Comment

You may want to check target or wal mart. They have shirts similar to underarmor a lot less expensive. I have shirts from both places and both work good. See the thread in the Health and Fitness section.
          Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Underarmor is good, but it is the name brand of all "Breathing Shirts" I would have to say that the wal-mart brand works just as good, if not better.

And at a fraction of the price.
            U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
            Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Last edited by shiv357; 10-17-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I'll have to look into the ribbed shirts.

But as for your question, Underarmour is a very good product but can be pricey. If you do not want to get the Wal-Mart brand, supposedly the new 5.11 "Undergear" is pretty good stuff. It sells for 30 dollars online but I've seen it at stores for $15.00.

http://www.511tactical.com/Products/Undergear/index.asp

Comment

I would highly suggest that you stay away from the ribbed t-shirts. They are VERY scratchy. I have one that I never wear b/c of this.

Comment

The streachy shirts at wal-mart are $10.00 compared to $30.00 for underarmor. They are great in the summer as its 90 here now with 90% humidity. (Louisiana) Your vest just slides over the shirt and it never bunches up. Great product.
                    Always remember Fallen heroes Jay Carruth and David Ezernack. Shot to death FEB 2003 in a SWAT warrant served. My friends you are not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                      I would highly suggest that you stay away from the ribbed t-shirts. They are VERY scratchy.

Is it "scratchy" or "itchy"?
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog1971
                        oh hell, both

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog1971
                          Its the Itchy and Sratchy show dadum....
                          BOTH are bad ok when the itch or scratrch is under the damm vest Ever see a cop banging his back agaist a wall or corner of a wall?? Its an ITCH
                          I got nothing for now

Comment

Just the other day I was trying to scratch a REALLY REALLY annoying itch just below the neckline of my vest. I used my pen to try and scratch it and the clip from the pen got snagged on the inside of the vest. Naturally, I get a call and have nothing to write it down with...

"Charlie-5, can you copy a 22 (disturbance)?"

"Uhhhh...stand by for a minute..."
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

A lot of money, I've been told by guys now that I am getting close to graduation that the ones at Wal-Mart are just as good for $10-15.

As a gift though I would understand buying the good stuff.
                              RIP Sgt. Henry Prendes...EOW 2/1/06
                              RIP Off. James Manor...EOW 5/7/09
                              RIP Ofc. Milburn "Millie" Beitel...EOW 10/7/09
                              RIP Ofc. Trevor Nettleton...EOW 11/19/09
                              RIP Ofc. Daniel Leach...EOW 11/21/09

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8965 users online. 375 members and 8590 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X