300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offended ?????

It seems more and more that civilans that come here for advice once they get it are offended and don't like what they hear.
    Should we lighten up ????

NO WAY............................................... ...........................

Hey if people get offended....Too bad...You just have to be honest. you know, somtimes the truth hurts.
    retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      It seems more and more that civilans that come here for advice once they get it are offended and don't like what they hear.

NO WAY............................................... ...........................
      No way! Tell it like it is. When I ask a question I want to hear the truth. What's the point otherwise?
      "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie

Bodie, don't start getting soft on me! Sheezz, I think it was you who questioned my first post... Did I get all water-eyed, and leave? I don't think so... IF they don't want the truth, they can go post else where. Besides, you all are such an inspiration...so why lower your standards!!!!

Your not hormonal are you??????

You discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Comment

If you don't like the answer, why in hell did you ask the question?

Ask a bunch of hard *** cops a stupid question, then get upset because you don't like the answer; well why the hell don't you complain to their superiors?

Oppps, can't do that here.

ps: any more questions?

I see your point,

but
          I still think you're stupid!

copied that from a very smart man.
          Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

I get a chuckle at the people who ask if they can still get on a PD despite using every drug under the sun or with "only" a few crimes in their past. It's not that they ask the question- that's fine. It's when they want to debate your answer because you didn't tell them what they wanted to hear.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Well maybe if some of them didnt ask such stupid-idiotic questions, they wouldnt get all butt hurt when they dont hear/read the picture perfect answer they had picked out in their head.

Message to all the people out in computer land... If you ask a question on a site with 13,142 members (actual #) Well, guess what... chances are your gonna hear quite a few different answers. Some BS, but quite many of them will be the truth and VERY VERY useful. If you dont like the answer, the DONT ASK THE Q! Point in hand, the idiot wife who's role modle husband was driving with a suspended and no lic.

Oh well...

Comment

In some cases, I think civilians are offended because some forum members go out of their way to be rude and offensive. This reflects poorly on all of us and on our profession.

I realize that a lot of the questions posed by civilians seem stupid. But you have to remember, they only seem stupid because we are experienced LEOs while the people posing the questions know nothing about our profession. The next time you ask your doctor a question about a medical issue you don't understand, think how you would feel if he called you an idiot or criticized your grammar or spelling.

It doesn't take that much effort to give a civil response. Be polite and the next time that civilian sees a cop getting his *** kicked, the more likely he will be to help the cop than to just walk away.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I'm not gonna feed the trolls.....if somebody had a legit question, I will go out of my to give them some help, but I'm not gonna blow sunshine up their a** and tell 'em it'll be OK to let your husband drive on a suspended license or you were in the right to "get sideways" of a local cop because he gave you a "BS ticket and would be seeing him in court." I'm also not going hold some guy's hand and commiserate with him about a malingering detective who hasn't dropped everything to investigate a private -property hit & run with no injuries.

Comment

I know that I irritate some people here, but everything I say is either the truth or my opinion. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask questions.
                    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

It seems that a lot of people, especially in my age group, wear their hearts on their sleeves.
                      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Hey, keep me out of the civie group that gets offended when you say what I dont want to hear.

Getting offended by the truth is a sign of weakness...I am not weak. I may get annoyed or generally ****ed off when I hear the truth, but I try to be a bigger person and deal with it. If I think someone is being a jackass and just being mean....I ignore them (try to), you guys usually take care of the people in here who are honestly rude to me......thanks, by the way.

i dont want to spend my life making enemies....just need some good friends to watch my back when I need it and to tell me the truth!

Twigs is off her soapbox............Over and out!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                          I know that I irritate some people here, but everything I say is either the truth or my opinion. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask questions.
                          Never....never......you have never written anything in here that bugs me....you are someone who I would want to be friends with in the
                          "real world" because you tell it like it is...simply because you know and you are honest...Brick seems that way too. You are not mean about stuff, just honest. In some situations, you have to be tough!

Nothing wrong with a man who tells the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
                            In some cases, I think civilians are offended because some forum members go out of their way to be rude and offensive. This reflects poorly on all of us and on our profession.

I realize that a lot of the questions posed by civilians seem stupid. But you have to remember, they only seem stupid because we are experienced LEOs while the people posing the questions know nothing about our profession. The next time you ask your doctor a question about a medical issue you don't understand, think how you would feel if he called you an idiot or criticized your grammar or spelling.

It doesn't take that much effort to give a civil response. Be polite and the next time that civilian sees a cop getting his *** kicked, the more likely he will be to help the cop than to just walk away.

Comment

I'm all for helping out a citizen with an honest question. However, some questions are so lame they just beg to be lit up. If you have a stupid question, call your local PD. You can ask the dumb ones here to but the same rules dont apply here as compared to calling your local PD. Some of my favorite questions are there one where the kooks ask if they can do LSD & herion daily for the past 5 years & still get hired. Another gem was the person who said they heard working retail security was highly desirable experience. I don't see all that many people asking honest questions in good faith getting flamed. It's just the lamers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11314 users online. 371 members and 10943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X