300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions?

I plan on applying for a PD in Ontario in the next few months.

Does having 3 reduced speeding tickets over 4 years ago hurt the chances of being selected? I am 26. I had the speeding tickets when I was 18, 20, and 21. I am not 26.

I was prescribed ritalin for an attention problem in first year University. I am off the medication and doing fine and working and actually feeling better with out it. Will using it in the past have any bearing on the selection process?

Last question.
    I don't have any auxiliary or volunteer work with a local PD will this hurt my chances? However, I did volunteer for my University called walkhome program and I currently am volunteering for a crisis/distress line in my city which handles mental illness, suicides and general crisis calls. Can this replace the police auxilary.

Thanks

Originally posted by Pagemaster
    Does having 3 reduced speeding tickets over 4 years ago hurt the chances of being selected? I am 26. I had the speeding tickets when I was 18, 20, and 21.
    They will probably ask you about it but, with five years of clean driving behind you it should not be a problem

I was prescribed ritalin for an attention problem in first year University. I am off the medication and doing fine and working and actually feeling better with out it. Will using it in the past have any bearing on the selection process?
    It depends on how long ago it was. I doubt it will be an issue.

I don't have any auxiliary or volunteer work with a local PD will this hurt my chances?
    Unless having this experience is one of the minimum requirements for the job, it should not matter at all.

Are you looking at Ontario, California PD or Ontario PP?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Does having 3 reduced speeding tickets over 4 years ago hurt the chances of being selected? I am 26. I had the speeding tickets when I was 18, 20, and 21. I am not 26.
      Thanks

Prior to entering the academy I had two tickets (disobey stop sign & speed 45/35) Then I got another speeding ticket (40/35) one week prior to the first day of the academy, didn't hurt me at all.

Comment

I am applying for Ontario Canada

Comment

I am 26.

I am not 26.

I was prescribed ritalin for an attention problem...

Sorry, I know it was just a typo, but it was a funny one.
          ~Slippery Pete~

If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery Pete

Sorry, I know it was just a typo, but it was a funny one.

Damn, I meant I am now 26

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36638 users online. 187 members and 36451 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X