300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coonecticut Judicial Marshals

From what I have gathered, this position is similar to that of NYS Court officer. Does anyone know if it's an armed position? Also, I would like to know if the academy is residential or daytime only. Those are the only things that I have not been able to find out. Thanks.
    Last edited by Fuerza; 04-29-2005, 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Marshals in the courthouse don't carry firearms. They have OC and a PR-24. I'm unsure if those who transport prisoners to and from court are armed however. As far as training/academy, I am unsure as well. What I have found states:
    Judicial marshals became part of the Judicial Branch in December 2000, when the responsibility for court security, custody of prisoners and prisoner transportation was transferred to the Branch. Candidates for the job must pass a physical exam and agility screening, a drug screen, and a criminal background check. They then must complete a six-week training program at the Judicial Marshal Academy in New Britain.
    Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
    --------------------
    This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Side note: Do you know if they take the baton and OC home, or do they have to leave it at the courthouse?

Comment

CT Judicial Marshals are considered peace officers in the state of CT. They are unarmed even while doing prisoner transport. A good friend of mine is the chief at the Milford courthouse. The academy they attend is daytime only. I've heard that they may get tasers. At the Milford Courthouse your duties consist of courtroom security and the holding cell. It's a mon-fri 9-5 gig. In New Haven though they also do prisoner transport and round the clock corrections type work at Union Ave. Hope that helps some.
        Whatever you do don't take yourself or this job too seriously!!!!

Remember, around here the trauma plate goes on the backside to help you survive the endless backstabbing!!!!

Comment

Is this still active ?

Comment

Very OLD Thread for sure, but Unarmed prisoner transport?!

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
              Very OLD Thread for sure, but Unarmed prisoner transport?!
              Well, the prisoners better be unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex99 View Post
                Is this still active ?
                It was inactive for 16 years until your necropost.

And since you're not a cop or a retired cop, you have no business responding to other people's threads in this section.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4339 users online. 268 members and 4071 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X