X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Force

Departmental Issues
    Last edited by Magnum314; 05-27-2005, 09:53 AM. Reason: Internal issues

I would think the policy used by your local police would be the one to follow since it probably has been reviewed by the prosecutor and others and would stand up in court as a well written and reasonable policy.

Since it is the same prosecutor that you would use to handle arrests in the parks it just makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      I would think the policy used by your local police would be the one to follow since it probably has been reviewed by the prosecutor and others and would stand up in court as a well written and reasonable policy.

Since it is the same prosecutor that you would use to handle arrests in the parks it just makes sense.
      I agree. Perhaps you should speak with legal counsel and your prosecutor.

Comment

Option A: Shoot everyone

Option B: Adapt the PDs policy

Which one do you think they are gonna prefer?
        An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Departmental Issues
          Last edited by Magnum314; 05-27-2005, 09:53 AM.

Comment

No disrespect intended but why would a rookie be charged with such a task? Do you have expertise in area of use-of-force issues? It seems to me that a more experienced officer (maybe even the chief) should be researching this. There is no reason to re-invent the wheel.

A gun is a gun and a knife is a knife. It doesn't matter if it is a metropolitan area or downtown Mayberry, your response will be the same.

Comment

Nevermind... I'll make some phone calls.

Comment

Fact is your Chief is delegating an authority he should assume himself. As a former Chief I would have never delegated this to anyone other then the prosecutor assigned to represent our department in civil and crimiinal matters so if the Chief insists you handle this then you can contact the local prosecutor and ask for their help.

Lot of weight and responsiblity being delegated with this one.

Comment

Proper or not, you got the assignment.

Try the U.S. Park Police, and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA for sample UOF policies. Also, try your State Parks, for their policy.

As the new guy, your job in this is to make the Chief look good. Who knows, he may just be testing you. Show him what a fine job you can do, even on a paperwork task.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Are u looking for a use of force continum such as what type is what level? Or policy on reporting use of force? or general orders reguarding them...

Comment

Feel free to cut and paste:

Chief:

Thank you for entrusting me with an assignment so critically important to our agency. If this is the kind of thing I'm being asked to do as a wet-behind-the-ears rookie, I can't wait to see what I have waiting for me once I'm experienced.

Per your request, I have been unable to find any park police agency that has not adopted the policy of their overseeing police department.

Yours Truly,

FNG

You'll make sergeant by the end of the year.
                      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Good reply KIRCH

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2190 users online. 84 members and 2106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X