Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are police alone on this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are police alone on this?

    Do you police officers find that you are often the only ones who hold higher standards/values/morals in comparison to average citizens? I'm just curious because it seems like nowadays anything and everthing goes. It seems as if a lot of people are just morally bankrupt. I'm curious to find out if you police officers identify with what I've just said, or if it doesn't make a lick of difference to you.

  • #2
    Originally posted by savage4presiden
    Do you police officers find that you are often the only ones who hold higher standards/values/morals in comparison to average citizens? I'm just curious because it seems like nowadays anything and everthing goes. It seems as if a lot of people are just morally bankrupt. I'm curious to find out if you police officers identify with what I've just said, or if it doesn't make a lick of difference to you.
    I agree.
    Especially gun nuts. I would never want to be outgunned, and CCW is bull.
    -Tink

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe that Police are held to a higher standard than oridanry citizens. When was the last time your boss was called because you were speeding? The call might come in even if the Officer is on Official business. Police Officers have to be weary of where they eat, what they drink, what they might say and who they are with. So the Officer must maintain the higher moral ground. It might not be because we want to but because we have to.
      Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

      Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tinkertoys
        I agree.
        Especially gun nuts. I would never want to be outgunned, and CCW is bull.
        -Tink

        Yeah....but you can't blame that on second amendment rights. How does making everyone else LESS SAFE...make you MORE safe? I suggest that it does not. The bad guys are still bad guys regardless and irrespective of the right of other citizens to protect themselves.

        I think you would be on the money to have said that what used to be a punch in the pie hole is now a shooting. That relates back to the original post...that peeps now days just don't seem to care, and are morally bancrupt.

        *********

        It does suck that you have to be so careful that someone doesn't call in a complaint for doing your job....or driving a little over trying to get someplace on duty without lights and siren. Those same people are prolly the ones who don't see anything when standing around when a shooting happens.
        An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

        Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tinkertoys
          I agree.
          Especially gun nuts. I would never want to be outgunned, and CCW is bull.
          -Tink
          What in the hell does that have to do with being morally bankrupt?? CCW is not "bull" it is an important tool that allows law abiding citizens defend themselves as everyone should be able to. Criminals are always going to get guns, hence why they are criminals. Gun control laws only punish the good people.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WTPD3534
            CCW is not "bull" ...
            Oh sure it's bull...

            It's bull that anybody needs to get a permit to exercise a Constitutional right.

            When are they going to start issuing licenses to criticize the government, or keep your house protected from unreasonable searches, or keep yourself from being owned as a slave?
            ~Slippery Pete~

            If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by savage4presiden
              It seems as if a lot of people are just morally bankrupt.
              define morally bankrupt? i know there's alot of scumbags out there. but i can name a few white and ghetto trash cops too. i dont think anything has changed in the last 10 years.
              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
              William Shatner

              Comment


              • #8
                By morally bankrupt I mean they have no standards that they hold themselves to. No reason to live other than for themselves. They think society owes them and that they can take whatever they want for themselves. People who lie, steal, cheat, hate, and judge. Even people who claim to have "tolerance." People who are afraid to do what's right. People who have no compassion or are too prideful. In my book morals is doing what is right and treating other people fair/right too.

                It's kind of a shame that there can be such a huge list for the bad things people do and such a short list for the good things. Oh well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The thing is, people can carry around a gun and you cannot arrest them, if they decide to shoot, goodbye. I do agree that guns are a necessity to the populace as a matter of self defense, but automatic weapons and the like need to be banned.

                  -Tink

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tinkertoys
                    The thing is, people can carry around a gun and you cannot arrest them, if they decide to shoot, goodbye. I do agree that guns are a necessity to the populace as a matter of self defense, but automatic weapons and the like need to be banned.

                    -Tink
                    This has absolutley nothing to do with this thread. Go start this arguement someplace else.
                    Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tinkertoys
                      The thing is, people can carry around a gun and you cannot arrest them, if they decide to shoot, goodbye. I do agree that guns are a necessity to the populace as a matter of self defense, but automatic weapons and the like need to be banned.

                      -Tink

                      Why ban something that most people don't even know is legal to possess? Do the background and pay your $300.....and have the 30k to drop on a subgun. All there is to it. None of that matters though...cause most poeple do NOT have them.

                      Again....my argument is why focus on the rights of others, instead of the lack of moral backbone in a few who are the constant law breakers? This is what the problem really is. Lets face it, I can kill you without a weapon......even if you have one. After a half hour, of training, anyone could do the same (some more successfully than others)

                      ........should you shoot me just in case?
                      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

                      Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by zap
                        Why ban something that most people don't even know is legal to possess? Do the background and pay your $300.....and have the 30k to drop on a subgun. All there is to it. None of that matters though...cause most poeple do NOT have them.

                        Again....my argument is why focus on the rights of others, instead of the lack of moral backbone in a few who are the constant law breakers? This is what the problem really is. Lets face it, I can kill you without a weapon......even if you have one. After a half hour, of training, anyone could do the same (some more successfully than others)

                        ........should you shoot me just in case?
                        Lol, you do not learn to kill a trained attacker unarmed in thirty minutes. I would probably have to eventually shoot, if I could not stop you with, lets say, a baseball bat.

                        -Tink

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Why start with a baseball bat? If you're in a situation that requires deadly force for protection, why not use a better tool for the job?
                          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tinkertoys
                            The thing is, people can carry around a gun and you cannot arrest them, if they decide to shoot, goodbye. I do agree that guns are a necessity to the populace as a matter of self defense, but automatic weapons and the like need to be banned.

                            -Tink
                            I hate to perpetuate the hijacking of the thread, but I thought you were opposed to CCWs. How many people have you met carrying a machine gun under their jacket? And explain to me why a person that wants to shoot you for no reason is going to go to the trouble to get a permit?
                            ~Slippery Pete~

                            If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Slippery Pete
                              I hate to perpetuate the hijacking of the thread, but I thought you were opposed to CCWs. How many people have you met carrying a machine gun under their jacket? And explain to me why a person that wants to shoot you for no reason is going to go to the trouble to get a permit?
                              So they can legally carry it, and you cannot arrest them. I am not current on the laws, so I do not know if you must declare that you have a concealed weapon on their person. I am opposed to CCW's, I was referring to having a weapon in your household. The USSS carries the compact MP5 under their jackets, why not a criminal?

                              -Tink

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3105 users online. 234 members and 2871 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X