Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what country has the best police force in the world?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what country has the best police force in the world?

While there are undoubtedly many outstanding forces in many different countries, the English are probably the best. Let's face it, they developed such concepts as finger-printing and DNA when the rest of the world was (and in many cases still is) in the dark ages. Respect to the constabularies and the English intellect! I hope that we may catch up one day.

i think iceland has the best force.
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

Comment

I hear the Chinese Police Forces are rather progressive...
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
        I hear the Chinese Police Forces are rather progressive...
        ya they do. you steal a car, they cap your *****. you sell or buy dope, they cap your *****. you rob somebody, they do a little kung fu and then they cap your *****.
        "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
        William Shatner

Comment

Bart, Welpe, I too found it difficult to accept but c'est la vie. By the way, is French permitted here? You are on a slippery slope to suggest that Iceland has the best force. As for China, it's the art of fighting, without fighting, but don't you think we need more room?

Comment

The USA! Hey somebody needed to vote for the US.
            It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
              ya they do. you steal a car, they cap your *****. you sell or buy dope, they cap your *****. you rob somebody, they do a little kung fu and then they cap your *****.
              I forgot but doesn't turkey have the death penilty for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza
                Bart, Welpe, I too found it difficult to accept but c'est la vie. By the way, is French permitted here? You are on a slippery slope to suggest that Iceland has the best force. As for China, it's the art of fighting, without fighting, but don't you think we need more room?
                Well you're going to find I don't particularly care! The only country I intend to police in is the United States. Just how it is so why even worry about it?
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza
                  While there are undoubtedly many outstanding forces in many different countries, the English are probably the best. Let's face it, they developed such concepts as finger-printing and DNA when the rest of the world was (and in many cases still is) in the dark ages. Respect to the constabularies and the English intellect! I hope that we may catch up one day.
                  Great question.

The Japanese: Great communicators, as are English Constables, but what gives them the advantage is they are black belts in Japanese martial arts.

They don't have the constraints put on them like American police do, otherwise we'd be talkin a WHOLE different matter. American police are the bravest!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                    I forgot but doesn't turkey have the death penilty for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
                    i know theyre strict about drugs but im not sure they go that far. there was a chicken head that used to work my district 24-7 whom i had a pretty good rapport with. she had a work ethic that would have helped her go far in life had she chosen a better line of work. she must have seen 15-20 johns a day. anyway, last i heard, she hooked up with a mule and went to turkey as his assistant mule. she ended up getting caught with the goods and got life but they didnt kill her like they would have if she had been in china. sad story but we all make our own beds in the end.
                    William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by theugly
                      Great question.

The Japanese: Great communicators,
                      snip

I had a Lt. who came from IAD. A real putz. He was telling some rookies about Japanese Community Policing like he would know. Anyway he tells the rooks the Japanese beat cops have to make a personal visit to everyone on their beat twice a year. I said with all the authority I could muster "Yes, their birthday and Christmas" and ran out the door! He hated me.
                      Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by 3/4s
                        snip

I had a Lt. who came from IAD. A real putz. He was telling some rookies about Japanese Community Policing like he would know. Anyway he tells the rooks the Japanese beat cops have to make a personal visit to everyone on their beat twice a year.
                        Knowing the population density in many areas of Japan, that guy is full of it.
                        Most members of the public I talk to think community policing is way over rated. The needs an wants of the public are very simple. When they call the police, they want them to show up in a timely manner, treat them with respect & handle or solve the problem correctly the first time. They want to feel safe in their community. Most could care less about having tea & crumpets with the beat officer.

Comment

Actually, the Japanese police work under some really different rules. Yes, they are expected to visit ever resident twice a year. They have to pry into how the children are doing in school, if they are sexually active, has anyone been sick, where you work, what hours, what pay, who your friends are, etc.
                          If you have overnight guests, you are expected to visit the "Police box" and tell them who, where they are from, how long they are visting, etc.

Plus, there are few protections we enjoy. You can be held without charges, and without outside contact. They is no law to prevent the police from beating you until you confess, which is how they have such a high confession rate.

But, since we cannot define "best", it's an open question.

In Russia, before the wall came down, there was no crime. Why? Because there were no criminals, only insane people. After all, since they had created the 'perfect' society, only the insane would be 'anti-social'.
                          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Samuel, when you state that "this post sounds like rectal cavity pontifications to me", what exactly do you mean? Does your use of the word 'rectal' refer to being of, for or near the rectum, or could it just be a sigmoid flexure to the anus?

And when you speak of cavity, is that a hole or hollow place, or a natural hollow within the body or even a hollow place in a tooth? Could it not even be a cylinder with a rod in the center enclosed by conducting walls and serving as a resonator for electromagnetic waves?

I dare say you are acting as a pontiff, but you may even be acting in a pompous or dogmatic way. Seems clear to me.

Sleuth, I commend your insularity.

Comment

Sounds more like a case of cranial rectumitis....or maybe he's a collge professor?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12517 users online. 500 members and 12017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X