300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a short cop... rant.

I have a question for short cops. I myself stand 5'4" and 170 with a muscular build... (I know it sounds like a personal add... bare with me ) Anyway I

A fellow reserve officer is about 5'6" and he has no problems. Tasers make up for the lack in size.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke
      A fellow reserve officer is about 5'6" and he has no problems. Tasers make up for the lack in size.
      I like the drive stun... they tend to scream more

Comment

Some perps may "TEST" you, however the shaking of the oc spray or that nice clink. clink. clink of the asp baton will put that person in check
        live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by gpinindy
          I like the drive stun... they tend to scream more

You
          Kelly

We are the thin blue line
          between you
          and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

At 6'7" I think I'll just overlook this post.

Comment

You have an inch and a few (okay, more than a few) lbs on me. Although I have more backup to draw on if I need it.

I find it's all about the "game face". There are other officers on my dpt who are shorter than me (although they all outweigh me) who seem to have more trouble than I do and I'm not sure why, except for the "game face".

I'm sure that your time spent in the jail dealing with ****birds has prepared you for dealing with ****birds on the street. Just remember, they're all ****birds, whether you meet them after they're incarcerated or before... it's all the same ****.

The best piece of advice I can offer is: Don't let 'em see you flinch. You have to act and sound like you mean it and like you can back it up. Don't EVER make a statement/threat/what-have-you that you can't back up. Bad guys will smell that you can't back it up and take advantage.

Comment

well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  At 6'7" I think I'll just overlook this post.

What a confidence booster!!!

Anywho, good luck on the streets and stay safe!! Technique is more then size.
                  Stay Safe!!

Comment

It's just a little natural self doubt. If it wasn't 'height' it would be something else. Just forget about it and go do the job.

As far as being able to handle yourself compared to someone twice your size, remember this:

The bigger they are, the more fragile their knees....

Comment

My SGT is 5' 5 and weights roughly 150 or so. But never lets anyone get to him. He has alot of advantage to taller people being quick also having OC, baton and a gun, makes it better.
                      Last edited by wolverine652001; 03-30-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I've always been a firm believer in personal appearance. If you look squared away like you have your **** together then they usually go along. I take a lot of pride in the way I look in uniform... most people think I was in the military or something, I wasn

Comment

[QUOTE=gpinindy]I've always been a firm believer in personal appearance. If you look squared away like you have your **** together then they usually go along. I take a lot of pride in the way I look in uniform... most people think I was in the military or something, I wasn

Comment

Originally posted by padowan
                            The best piece of advice I can offer is: Don't let 'em see you flinch. You have to act and sound like you mean it and like you can back it up. Don't EVER make a statement/threat/what-have-you that you can't back up. Bad guys will smell that you can't back it up and take advantage.
                            good advice. its all about attitude. im 5'6. ive never had a problem. if you come off as calm, collected and confident, people wont *** with you. youll get the occasional jackass who will try to punk you out. all you have to do is stay calm and dont overreact. its all just street theatre. once you lose control, to them, its a sign of fear and they know they got you.
                            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                            William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine652001
                              Yeah I do too. I wear a Stratton hat and proppers pants (BDU) and a black uniform. People tend to ask me if I been in military or trained military because of the way we dress and act. I've never been in military or anything.
                              ive always said appearance is very important. i dont go as far as you do with the hat and all. i think that stuff is a little to dorky for my taste. but in general, id have to agree with you. a cop who shows up well groomed in a neatly pressed uniform shows that he has his **** together and probably wont let you get far if you *** with him. a cop who shows up sloppy comes off as a slacker who can be caught off guard and taken advantage of.
                              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                              William Shatner

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4653 users online. 257 members and 4396 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X