Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application to become a police officer.

I am thinking of becoming a Officer and after talking it over with my wife she is thinking the same thing. I know all Police agencies are diffrent but what I was wondering. She was born in Canada but has a green card. Is she ok to apply just with this or does she need to be a US citizen.

U.S. citizen.

Comment

Every dept is different, and if I were a betting man ( which I am ) Id say shes gonna need to become a good ol' US citizen...

Comment

Thats what I had thought. Thanks for all your help and hopefully her process can speed up. We have been going through this for the past 3 yrs..lol

Comment

With respect that advice is absolutely wrong. There are a number of states and a bunch of depts which will hire you are a US permanent resident. Citizenship is NOT a federal requirement.
          It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

As far as California is concerned, state law requires that a peace officer shall be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.

An alien who is eligible for peace officer employment, is subject to the following:

Any permanent resident alien who is employed as a peace officer shall diligently cooperate with the Immigration and Naturalization Service in the processing of his or her application for citizenship and shall be disqualified from holding that position if, three years after the filing of an application for employment, the person has not obtained citizenship due to failure to cooperate in the process of the application for citizenship.

Any permanent resident alien who is employed as a peace officer shall be disqualified from holding that position if his or her application for citizenship is denied.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I'd venture to say that it is a requirement in MOST states. I can only say for sure that it is in mine, Maryland.
              In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9975 users online. 511 members and 9464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X