300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here

Hello, First off I am 21 years old and trying to get hired by a department in the NW.

I just recieved a letter about a physical test that is coming up in less then 2 weeks.

Any advice that can help me out in this time, and yes i am in shape.
    -Aidan

RUN - get up to 5 miles if you can.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

hi and good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

oh my.....this is not sounding to good.
        -Aidan

Comment

Eat healthy these next two weeks. Keep up your work out routine and don't neglect to balance cardio and strength training. Stretch daily even if you aren't going to do a strenuos workout and get plenty of sleep the night before. Hydrate the night before and begin again as soon as you get up. And most importantly, do your best. Good luck.
          " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

My best advice is to relax and try not to be nervous. If you are in good shape just follow the advice that you have been given. My weakness for testing was nerves..but I got over it and it feels good when you finish the test. Good Luck!
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice. Apparently if i pass the physical tests on the 11th, i have the written and video on the 12th, and if that goes well then the oral board on the 13th!!!! I have never heard of such fast testing before.
              -Aidan

Comment

Hey there new guy welcome

and now I am off to bed....
                THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Hello, and welcome...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2341 users online. 151 members and 2190 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X