300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a fobus holster

I am looking for one but am unable to find one in a standard right-hand paddle for S/W 5946.
    Thanks
    BLUE
    BE SAFE WEAR YOUR VEST

FOBUS stinks, I have a 3 inch 1911 and they dont and wont make a lefty holster for it. They said to buy a 5 inch model holster and hack it off to fit. UUHH.... No Thanks. I'll spend more money on someone who will cater to the market of lefty's.
    After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Comment

I was using one for my first few months when I was able to use an OWB holster. I've since upgraded to a leather Aker Flatsider belt holster with a thumbbreak.

I use a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. when I need concealment.

Comment

I only wear the fobus when I'm riding my motorcycle. It's the most comfortable IMO when I'm riding. Any other time, I wear better holsters.

Comment

stay away from fobus

I too found the fobus comfortable for off-duty and began carrying it on duty. I did not listen to a co-workers cautions about the recent document we recieved in reference to the fobus holster breaking. Well, then it happened....exiting my vehicle today on a high risk stop and when my holster hit the passengers door frame the gun went flying....not good!

Comment

I use one for CCW.......but would not trust it for duty carry. BTW....I replaced the rivets with LARGE head screws....
            An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

I have carried a fobus paddle back holster for my Glock for several years and love it. I use it for off duty use and have used it a few time for plain clothes details.

I like it because it is light and compatable with any pants I wear. I never had a problem getting my gun in or out.

Comment

Originally posted by sauder
                I too found the fobus comfortable for off-duty and began carrying it on duty. I did not listen to a co-workers cautions about the recent document we recieved in reference to the fobus holster breaking. Well, then it happened....exiting my vehicle today on a high risk stop and when my holster hit the passengers door frame the gun went flying....not good!

Are you refering to the open top fobus holster that only takes a slight tug to remove the weapon with zero retention?? If so, why would you ever consider using it for on duty?? Doing UC work maybe, then I could understand.

(I'm not trying to be an ***, just curious...)

Comment

yes, i carry (or should say carried it) for plain clothes work because I found it more comfortable than the leather holster. It was a mistake and I have been reminded several times that I should carry a holster at least with a strap, but i also have to be reminded to wear my vest.

Comment

Originally posted by MP Teamleader
                    FOBUS stinks, I have a 3 inch 1911 and they dont and wont make a lefty holster for it. They said to buy a 5 inch model holster and hack it off to fit. UUHH.... No Thanks. I'll spend more money on someone who will cater to the market of lefty's.
                    Good to hear someone not taking the right hand bull

LOL, j/k - but surprisingly more and more people are born left handed. That is just dumb they dont' have a lefty version

Comment

I trust my Fobus further than I trust an Uncle Mikes Kydex. I only need mine for Concealed anymore, and the Fobus works well. Uncle MIkes fell apart on me while I was working...proprietary screws/nuts backed out, even after Locktite and could only be replaced from Uncle Mikes. Also the Mikes Kydex gets brittle in cold weather and the paddle is easily broken at the screwholes when slightly stressed.

I can't find a Fobus for my Ruger P-85, either, so I believe they only manufacture for popular weaps. I suppose a lefty holster just isn't popular...sorry guys.
                      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

https://secure.fobusholster.com/upda...fb14189b4a5129

Guys, try this link. It is a .pdf (open with Adobe Acrobat) that has a chart of available holsters, and the weapons that they fit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4420 users online. 272 members and 4148 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X