300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT Questions

I am doing a research paper on SWAT and wanted some insight from officers here that were SWAT or know about it. Actually if you could give me some good place to look on the internet for information that would be great. Especially things such as the history and how SWAT was started.

Then I would like to go into the mission of SWAT and how/when it is used in police work.

I appreciate any help on here. Thanks very much.

The LAPD has some info on their website. www.lapdonline.org
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Re: SWAT Questions

Originally posted by cincySO
      I am doing a research paper on SWAT and wanted some insight from officers here that were SWAT or know about it. Actually if you could give me some good place to look on the internet for information that would be great. Especially things such as the history and how SWAT was started.

Then I would like to go into the mission of SWAT and how/when it is used in police work.

I appreciate any help on here. Thanks very much.
      Are you looking at just SWAT? A lot of departments have other names for their response teams such as: SRT, ESU, etc...not just LAPD has SWAT out there.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Contact me via private message or email and we'll discuss your questions.
        If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

In the book "Chief" by a former LAPD Chief (book at home, I'm at work, can't think of his name), he explaines the origins.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

I am looking for information on all of these units as a whole. I know that departments like LAPD have SWAT and NYPD has ESU.
            Then I would like to go into a few major departments that have these units.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2171 users online. 87 members and 2084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X