Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do when you stop this Car?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do when you stop this Car?

In another thread lights in POV's were discussed, however I was wondering how you all would react to making a stop on Joe Citizen who's driving this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...521035193&rd=1

I'd put money down saying he would activate his warning lights too.....you know-- for safety.
    Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

As long as all the lights were amber, there would be no law violation here.

Comment

Good ??? It happens all over the country. You here and we see the regular JOe who is a cop wannabe and gets a Crown Vic or a 4dr car and makes it look like a police car. Well he then goes out and stops people and is the newest 5 o'clock news story. Here in the city of Picksburgh{as the locals call it} we dont use Crown Vics so it would probably be one of the 100 plus police departments in the county oir a wannabe. Pittsburghs Allegheny county has more individual municipalities than any other county in the US. over 130 police departments in the county.
      If not then We might have a police impersonator. In PA you need either a red light or red and blue. Amber, blue alone is not a police.
      Last edited by easy-e1; 01-20-2005, 04:44 PM.
      "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

In Car "Eye Witness" video camera set up
        This is an interesting fellow to say the least.
        Truth fears no trial.

Comment

Yea, I like the eyewitness myself. Alot of dept.s cant even afford those things, and he probably uses it to recount his ride to work everyday. I also like when he says that his wife refuses to ride in it. Oh really!? Certainly the car is legal, but why in they hell would you want to own it.
          Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot015
            Yea, I like the eyewitness myself. Alot of dept.s cant even afford those things, and he probably uses it to recount his ride to work everyday. I also like when he says that his wife refuses to ride in it. Oh really!? Certainly the car is legal, but why in they hell would you want to own it.
            "It's the cool thing to do"..LOL...I mean I have seen a lot of crown vics, impalas, caprices, etc that were old police vehicles and the people that were driving them...well I am not going to stereotype...----, but anyway, if I saw that car and pulled it over and even saw the radios in it..that would raise some eyebrows..and some drug trafficing individuals would drive old cop cars to deter themselves from getting pulled over...not stereotyping though
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Vtfuzz
              As long as all the lights were amber, there would be no law violation here.
              Thankfully in Illinois, that would be illegal. In our fine state, you are only allowed to activate amber lights if you are a tow or wrecker vehicle in the immediate vicinity of a vehicle in need, or you are towing/transporting said vehicle.

I have ticketed a few people for driving with flashing/rotating/oscilating amber lights, and they try to tell me that it is legal and are quite shocked when I explain to them that it is not.

That car sounds like a wannabe's wet dream.
              Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

Reminds me of a guy that I ran into in Madison at a hotel. He was all decked out in a nicer uniform than I wear. Badge said assistant chief. Gun and everything else on his belt.

I asked him what department he worked for. He said, "yada yada, security service."

Things like this are a law suit waiting to happen.
                Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I'd tell the guy that he is the biggest cranker I've ever encountered, then write him up for whatever I stopped him for to begin with, and tack-on another $300 for having flashing red lights in back.
                  Last edited by Delta784; 01-20-2005, 11:55 PM.
                  Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Heh, about three cars ago, I had a chance to buy an '85 Taurus that I had big plans of turning into a replica of one of the Detroit squads from "Robocop". (I collect movie props, and thought this would be a fun thing to tool around in.)

After reading up on lightbar color laws though, I decided it wouldn't look nearly as good w/ amber lights so I got a plain, boring silver Tempo instead.

Oh well, I can always make a General Lee or an Adam West Batmobile one of these days!

-Sarge
                    Last edited by SgtFang; 01-21-2005, 05:33 AM.
                    "He's not a known offender Captain... he's not even a known species..!"

Comment

In Ohio it is illegal to display red or blue lights to the front of any non emergency vehicle (police) The word here is display not activate. Just having them on the vehicle is a violation that can get the car impounded.

We have a guy that has a Mayberry replica crusier and he is required to cover the red light on top when driving it to an auto show (State Highway Patrol) advised him of this.

There is a place in Cincinnati that sells "reconditioned" police cars but minus lights and siren to civilians and the state og Ohio sells at public auction used highway patrol cars agian no lights or sirens etc.

Fortunately those that buy them don't mis use the fact they look like cops cars they are just poorer people buying a car that will last only a couple of years.
                      Last edited by Bodie; 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM.

Comment

We have a guy that has a Mayberry replica crusier and he is required to cover the red light on top when driving it to an auto show (State Highway Patrol) advised him of this.
                        Cool! We've got a little place in Danville, IN called either the Mayberry Cafe or Inn and they've had an old Andy Griffith style cruiser, with the big, single gumball machine on the roof, sitting out front for years. One of these days I still want to get out that way and snag a pic of me next to it.

Hehe, I've always had a soft spot for replica movie cars- my dad made a guy a "Herbie/Lovebug" once!

-Sarge
                        "He's not a known offender Captain... he's not even a known species..!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                          I couldn't care less about something like that.

The car being sold on E-Bay is an obvious, pathetic attempt to look like an unmarked police cruiser, and there is absolutely no legitimate purpose for that.

I noticed that the car is a 1999 model, but has the "Police Interceptor" medallion on the trunk. I may be mistaken, but I don't think that Ford started using the PI medallion until the 2000 model year, which means the guy got one and put it there himself. I think that tells me everything I need to know about that guy.
                          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                            I may be mistaken, but I don't think that Ford started using the PI medallion until the 2000 model year, which means the guy got one and put it there himself. I think that tells me everything I need to know about that guy.
                            Don't forget it also features an "04' Intercepter Grille"

Truth fears no trial.

Comment

You can buy the PI emblem at any Ford Dealer for about $20.00.
                              The grill about $400.00

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 349 members and 6384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X