Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background check and possibility of being hired?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background check and possibility of being hired?

Last edited by Andrelg; 11-03-2006, 03:22 AM.

Ok, I think my eyes hurt some...long story I see...Anyway, forst question is why an Armed Security Guard poisition? ok, and now u want to go into LE also? I mean you have a chady record to me whether or not the charges were brought down to a Misdemeanor or not, the fact is you were involoved in Stolen cars, etc. I mean you can think about a dispatch job or a job in Corrections perhaps, but in LE, I personally feel your chances are slim. But good luck.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Well a lot of departments will dq you if you have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude or a crime of dishonesty. So a few of those convictions you mentioned would fall within that definition. But, it will depend on each agency you think of applying to. To be honest, being involved in 2 stolen cars is pretty big. Regardless of that "bad crowd" you hung out with. While the story you told us was very nice, I don't think it will make up for the past blunders. I wouldn't say you're done altogether, but it will be very difficult, especially in today's day and age with the competition level of these jobs. Good Luck!

Comment

Problem down here is even if you have ever had anything expunged, they will be able to pull it up when they do the BI. When running NCIC there are different codes that are used. The code that is automatticly put in on our laptops does not allow us to see criminal history (unless on parole or probation), but allows us to see D/L, wants, etc.. The code that is used upstairs allows them to run a criminal history at an officers request, and must be logged and signed for. When BI does their thing they have yet another code that pulls anything and everything. Also down here if you have ever been arrested for anything that can be defined under the law as moral turpitude, you cannot be certified. Chances look slim, but best of luck.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Last edited by Andrelg; 11-03-2006, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Andrelg; 11-03-2006, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Andrelg; 11-03-2006, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Don't knock the Armed Guard, I have my license in Armed Security. I think it helped a great deal since I didn't have schooling or the Armed Forces on my resume. I'm almost done with the hiring process.If you don't have the experience or schooling. I think it's a good opportunity. Remember these days competition is high in a lot of departments. You gotta have something. I think my license helped me.
                  They mentioned it in my panel interview. I'm waiting to see the Chief now. In fact I talk to an Investigator and he told me that was a good step since I didnt have Military or other related experience. But since I've been waiting through the process I am taking some classes in Criminal Justice. Every bit helps.
                  I say do what you have to do!
                  Your life is an open book, what message are you giving the readers.

Comment

Andrelg - There's a "Quote" button for a reason. Try it out...

Quite frankly, most departments get lots of qualified applicants who haven't stolen cars and gone to jail. If you have ten job openings and 100 resumes, the resumes that say "Oh, yeah, I was a bad boy a couple of years ago, but I've changed, honest!" are the first to go into the circular file. Nobody is going to sit there and debate the merits of every single application... you whittle the pool down to size by throwing out everyone with the big, obvious NOs.

IIWY, I would call the department(s) you're interested in and ask to speak with a recruiter. Or, better yet, if there are any law enforcemnt job fairs, visit them there (in a suit and tie, neat short hair, no tattoos, etc). Explain things, and ask them for their input. Some departments may be willing to look at mitigation. Some will simply not be interested, period, and you might as well find out right off the bat.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You said you attempted to enter the military? I am guessing you eith did not get in or you left out about you run ins with the law, because yes they do background checks and what you did may have DQes you for military service, but if there was another reason, list it...but also if the military did not let you in, there is no way any Dept would and I Am sorry to say this, but I would not want you working with me with your background.Yes I know people say they change, find God or whatever else to make people believe all that crap, but you were an adult when you committed those crimes...you have to be an adult to be in LE...therefore, you made the mistakes as an adult. you may want to look into another career path. And your story about that girl, well touching,but if it touched you in second grade??? You should have grown up to be in LE, not change your ways in life 20 yrs later!
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Background Check

You should be commended for the effort you have made at turning your life around. To be brutaly honest with you, you simply have too many issues to be appointed as a law enforcement officer. Regarding your expungement: As far as a BI is concerned, an expungement doesn't exist. Period. It is possible, barely possible, that some small department might accept you, but I think it highly doubtful. I would suggest that you pick another field of endeavor,and continue your very commendable efforts at turning your life around.

Comment

Last edited by Andrelg; 11-03-2006, 03:19 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3012 users online. 142 members and 2870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X