300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background

I had my oral baord interview about 3 1/2 weeks ago now. This was after the initial interview and physical agility. The interview was good cop, bad cop and lasted about 2 hours. I feel I did pretty well. I stuck with all of my answers when the pressure was on, so I felt pretty good about it when I left. I beat out about 75 odd guys to be somewhere in the top 10. They had me sign all my background clearances and they took my prints after the interview. They explained that they would probably do about 4 or 5 B.I.'s. The question is this: About how long after would they contact me to let me know if they are going forward with my B.I.? Also, would they even give me notice if they decided not to do my B.I. at all? I know it's mostly a waiting game from here, but I would just like an honest opinion about what to expect. Thanks.
    "He who lives without Discipline Dies without Honor"

Most departments don't tell you when they start the background investigation. They generally don't want you to know so you can't prepare anyone.

Comment

I agree, they will never tell you "hey so and so...we are starting your BI"...its just formality not too and like said before, so you can not go and warn others, etc...I Would not worry, somewhere down the line, someone who they called, will say hey "det. so and so called me today"...just be patient. Good luck.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Those are good points. I'll take that into consideration, I just wish I knew where I stood in the process. Thanks.
        "He who lives without Discipline Dies without Honor"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6837 users online. 339 members and 6498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X