300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Blank Shot By Marine

I had a hard time picking a title for this thread. But we have all by now saw the Marine shoot the Iraq' in the head at almost point blank range as guy lay on the floor.
    Armed or not this in my mind is an enemy terrorist hell bent on killing any soldier or any U.S citizen they see. I am having a hard time finding any fault with the actions of this Marine. We are at war with a terrorist group that believes that if they die in war they will go to their heaven so how do we deal with that ?

It is hard to judge without seeing the circumstances, and I have yet to see a video clip of it. Got a decent link?

Comment

No Abc /NBC have aired it over and over try cnbc

Comment

I saw a short clip of it complete with subtitles. It was something like this:

Marine 1 : "Hey, this one doesn't look like he's dead."

*BANG*

Marine 2 : "He is now."

Comment

I can't believe this guy might get jammed up over this. Ridiculous.
          The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Migraman
            I can't believe this guy might get jammed up over this. Ridiculous.
            if it went down the way patrick said it went down, im not surprised that he's getting jammed up over this. if any one of us did that to somebody here, we'd get jammed up over it too despite the fact that our domestic criminals are far more dangerous to us than some iraqi thousands of miles away.
            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
            William Shatner

Comment

Link to shooting

http://www.hannity.com/
              Dysentery_Bob aKa Lazy Eye Bob

Reality is a strange and curious thing.
              Most see it as something singular and solitary.
              I know it is infinite.

"All Fled, all done, so lift me on the pyre;
              The feast is over and the lamps expire."

Robert E. Howard 06-11-36

Comment

Too many cops are relating what this Marine was going through to LE. And it's not. The worst day you will probably have as a cop is nothing compared to being pinned down in a infantry platoon by RPG's, mortars and Lord knows what. Yeah, Bart, if we did that over here to a criminal we would rightly be jammed. But our domestic criminals aren't nearly as dangerous to us as the insurgents are to the Americans over there. We're a hell of a lot more apt to die in car wreck than be killed by a crook. And our crooks have nothing like the weapons the Iraqi's have. When was the last time YOU came across a body with a gernade under it? Or a roadside bomb?

This same platoon lost a man when they came across a booby trapped body the day before. Think about it, why was this guy playing dead? The chances that he's hiding a gun or gernade is more than highly likely. You cannot judge him by the same standards you judge LEO's in this country. In fact, if you've never been in that situation, you shouldn't be judging anyway. Even the embedded reporter is saying the situation was confused at best. I don't know about the other news agencies, but even NBC is giving this kid the benefit of the doubt.

As a platoon leader years ago, I probably committed what some do gooders would call war crimes today. But frankly I don't give a damn. My and my guys reacted to whatever we saw as a possible danger. Our primary goal was to come back alive. Most of us did but not all.

This enemy isn't playing by the rules of warfare so we have to adjust accordingly. When this kid is judged, I pray that the investigators aren't a bunch of desk jockeys who live in some bull**** ivory tower.
                Last edited by retdetsgt; 11-17-2004, 11:41 PM.
                "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
                  if it went down the way patrick said it went down, im not surprised that he's getting jammed up over this. if any one of us did that to somebody here, we'd get jammed up over it too despite the fact that our domestic criminals are far more dangerous to us than some iraqi thousands of miles away.
                  Those Marines are in a war zone, in combat. It's not a law enforcement mission.

Of course domestic criminals are more dangerous to us, because we're here. The terrorists are infinitely more dangerous, and those Marines have to deal with them every day.

Idle thought: Didn't John Kerry get a Silver Star for doing essentially the same thing?
                  Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Roll him over to check for life and he goes BOOM......... Hey that Marine saved lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

When this kid is judged, I pray that the investigators aren't a bunch of desk jockeys who live in some bull**** ivory tower.

...well said
                      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

When this kid is judged, I pray that the investigators aren't a bunch of desk jockeys who live in some bull**** ivory tower.

wishful thinking...
                        Made ya look!!!

Comment

A good link to videos is www.feedroom.com
                          The more I hear about this, the more I'm conviinced that the shooting was justified.
                          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Bart, you are correct that if it happened over here the officer would definately be in the wrong. But as has already been pointed out this happened in a combat zone. Way different set of rules. I've run across some real bags of crap in my day but none that I think are more dangerous than these guys the military are fighting in Iraq. You guys must have some real bad MF'ers in Florida, I think I'll stay up north .

Take this for what its worth, there are always many points of view debated here. With regards to this topic I can't help but notice that so far everyone here that is/or claims to be a combat veteran share the same consensus about the incident. I figure either we are all a bunch of blood-thirsty savages or maybe just have some sort of wisdom with regards to such matters. This is not a dig to disparage anyones service/or lack thereof, just something I have noticed.
                            The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

The liberal press is having a field day with this. The only person who I have seen defend this Marine is Bill O'Reilly, who believes that the Marine will be exonerated, as do I. I have seen the video, and I believe the Marine absolutley did the right thing. Those that have never served in the military or in a combat zone could not possibly understand what is going through the mind of the troops, nor could they understand the real danger the troops face. You will never see me monday morning quarterbacking our troops.
                              Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3866 users online. 170 members and 3696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X