300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Border Patrol

I know the border patrol merged into a new Homeland Security agency, but does anyone know what patch they wear on their uniform now?

Thanks.

I saw a program recently on fox news with Oliver North where he went inside DHS as far as I could tell the border patrol was wearing the same green style uniforms they were wearing before and the patch looked the same the only real change I think would be not having anything that says INS instead it will probably be ICE.

Comment

I have seen some of them are wearing the BP patch on one shoulder and a DHS patch on the other.
      Speed and Motion, without Technique...are nothing but a Spasm

-A really good DT Instructor

Comment

We still wear the traditional BP patch on our left shoulder and the new, very gay DHS patch on our right shoulder. None of us like the new patches and really don't like being associated in any way, shape, or form with Customs. There are rumors that there are major battles going on at the top that the legacy Customs managers are trying to put us in blue uniforms. I hope we win this battle, its kind of hard to lay up on a dope load in the woods wearing blue.
        The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgeroy
          I have seen some of them are wearing the BP patch on one shoulder and a DHS patch on the other.
          LOL do you have a picture of the DHS patch ? I live in south FL and only see customs guys but I like the green on the BP sets them apart. From what I been reading I don't think your the only ones that have a problem with the higher ups of ICE.

Comment

USBorder Patrol

Hope the Border Patrol uniform remains green. Not only traditional,but functional as well.

Comment

I've tried to attach a picture of it but the image is greater than 300X600 and I have no idea how to reduce it. Take my word for it, its fugly.

Right now the BP is under CBP not ICE. ICE is its own entity and has nothing to do with us. To make it a little more confusing the old INS was broken up and dispersed into three new agencies, CIS, ICE and CBP to make the things more efficient. All three entities fall under DHS along with other former agencies ie. Customs, USDA, Secret Service etc. Its still a new agency and we have alot of growing pains so I won't be too critical of it.

As far as being more efficient, read this months Time magazine cover story. Theres a lot of truth being told and alot of upset higher-ups.

CBP = castrated border patrol

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all is good by the time I am out of college. Sounds like they got a big mess right now. But I think as you said the more and more it's in the public the more will be done to fix the problems. One good story I heard is about a BP agent that caught a woman that had pages missing out of her passport, large amount of cash and a plane ticket to NY. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Comment

Migraman, why the distaste for Customs? Many of my co-workers (and Supervisors) in Customs (Investigations) were former BP, we generaly liked and respected the Border Patrol. After all, they started as 'Customs Mounted Inspectors' prior to the Tonkenese Exculsion act. They had their job, we had ours. Did we offend you somehow?

BYW, my friends still in CBP don't like the new patch either.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Sleuth,
                    I guess my main gripe is that in the merging of agencies we are constantly told "there is no lead agency" but pretty much everything is being changed to the Customs way of doing things. To include the ongoing fight to put us (BP) in blue uniforms. Fact is, if I wanted to be in Customs, I would have joined Customs.

To make it worse (this is petty I know) I have to listen to the legacy Customs Inspectors at the ports around here brag that we're being absorbed into them. Keep in mind that the inspectors around here are local hires that have collectively never arrested anyone, are afraid to search anyone, and routinely call the BP to follow someone that they think has dope but were too afraid to search at the POE. I hope you can see why I'm not thrilled about being associated with them.

I never (until recently) had a problem with a customs investigator. Plenty of experience with grossly incompetent immigration investigators however.

Without getting into details (I'm sure you understand why) we are currently having a major problem here with ICE. BS stuff like being fed false intel to divert our resources away from areas, aggressively trying to run one of our marked units off the road because it burned their surveillance (having never notifyied us they were in our patrol area), asking other agencies not to deal with us because "we could not be trusted".

In the spirit of keeping things vague, the root of the problem is that if we interdict "something" that is coming across the boundary "somewhere", we could jeapordize another case. I understand the logic, I just think that there are nicer ways we could be asked to back off. Some of the main agitatators are legacy Customs. Speaking as a professional, if this is how they do business than I want nothing to do with them.

Nothing personal Sleuth, I tend to judge people on a case by case basis but hopefully you can understand my distaste.

Comment

Originally posted by Migraman
                      All three entities fall under DHS along with other former agencies ie. Customs, USDA, Secret Service etc.
                      USSS is now under Homeland Security? I missed that one. I'm having trouble keeping up with DHS and their absorbtion of other departments and agencies. The whole Immigration/Customs/Border Patrol thing has me totally confused.
                      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

This is the one I have in my collection. It should be the current one.....
                        Attached Files
                        Deputy Brandy L. Winfield
                        RIP - October 14, 2004

www.ar15armory.com

Comment

Here is the CBP patch that we are wearing on both sleeves of our uniforms as CBP Officers. I think this is the one that Border Patrol is wearing on their right sleeve.

Comment

Migraman, sounds like there are the excessive stresses of a "forced marrage". Hang in there, it will get better.

I know it's little comfort, but one of my bud's who is legacy Customs has some of the same complaints at his post of duty about I.I.'s and BP. What goes around comes around. You know what? There are plenty of bad guys for all of you.
                            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                            John Stuart Mill

Comment

"There are plenty of bad guys for all of you."

Sleuth, You sure got one that right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4246 users online. 230 members and 4016 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X