Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My opinion... OC = Meet Satan himself!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion... OC = Meet Satan himself!!!

Holy f#$!... I would rather get kicked in the groin next time I think. We all thought that the instructors were just pumping us up, saying how bad it would hurt. Well, it hurt, like hell. Not beign able to breath was even worse. Instructors were telling us stories of them spraying people, and the guys getting down and doing push ups. You must be on some serious drugs to pull that off I think. I will admit, when I got my hit, it came across my mind for about 1/4 of a sec., drop right now and quit, abut then the next 1/4, reality set in, and I thought, I didnt get this far and do this for nothing, and I got up, and fought, finished the scenerio. No need to respond, I just wanted to share. Now on to CPR and the range!!!

Ha I just had to reply. I am so glad I am not the only one who felt that way when it came to getting sprayed. Glad that is in the past. Good Luck to you!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I remember going through OC training in the parking lot of a Police Department substation and seeing one of the recruits almost run out into the road when he got sprayed ;-)

For me, the pain was bad - however, when I took a shower that night and lit big jim and the twins on fire that was the worst.

Comment

Sounds like I got off easy!
        Because of some lawsuit out here in Colorado, they revised the class so all you have to do is......get this......have a q-tip dipped in oc and rubbed once on each cheek near the eyes. THAT'S IT!

I know, kinda sucks if I ever have to experience the effects when a situation arises, but, oh well.
        I'd Rather be Judged by 12 Than Carried by Six.

Comment

I remember getting sprayed in the academy. Two distinct memories:

1. I was sprayed straight in the face and I recall thinking, "Hey, that's not so bad. I shouldn't have any problem...AAAAARRRRRHHHHGGG!!!"

2. The eyewash station was a garden hose hooked up to a janitor's sink in the building and run outside. The first person to use it kept saying, "It's burning me, it's burning me," when he used the water. The instructor kept telling him, "It's supposed to burn you, wash out your eyes." They both kept repeating this until my classmate finally yelled, "No! The WATER's burning me!" The instructor checked and realized someone had hooked up the hose to the hot-water faucet.
          Wait, maybe this is more appropriate
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

I'll take a kick in the "gym bag" any day over OC. I know what it does to me, so if anyone sprays me, I feel justified in shooting them. It pretty much incapacitates me for about 45 minutes.
            Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Too funny! We, as I'm sure most do, created a "memories" video throughout the academy to take with us when we were released. There's a large segment on the OC training that is hysterical. They show all of us in a line getting sprayed and the subsequent individual effects. Luckily, that mind over matter thing worked for me but you can see many of the guys in my class hopping like jackrabbits, waving their hands in the air, running in circles, and screaming. All these years later, it still cracks me up to watch it. Unfortunately, the days of spray are mostly over (though we still carry) now that we use the Taser for just about everything. Then again, now that I think about it, that's pretty funny too...
              I do not follow blindly the orders of my superiors, but rather employ that philosophy whereby I do as they would have told me to had they known what they were talking about.

Comment

what ever happened to the "the effects wear off in 45 mins to an hour"??? its been about 22-24 hours since my exposure, and my eyelids are still real swollen, I still can't smell anything, and have real bad pounding headache... Must be one of the few "adverse reactions"???

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Nobody; 04-27-2006, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LockDown
                    Sounds like I got off easy!
                    Because of some lawsuit out here in Colorado, they revised the class so all you have to do is......get this......have a q-tip dipped in oc and rubbed once on each cheek near the eyes. THAT'S IT!

I know, kinda sucks if I ever have to experience the effects when a situation arises, but, oh well.
                    I heard that too!! I went to the Aurora, CO orientation they had... and they said the same thing. When I went through my hospital training we had to be shot in the eyes with it.. what the ?!? I'd rather take the q-tip!!!

Comment

OC is damn near worthless w/ people on Meth/PCP/ecstasy/shermed/EDP's. OC is all about pain compliance and if you are not feeling pain you are not feeling OC at all. I OC'd an EDP and the fker laughed at me. Be careful thinking the stuff will work on seriously drug intox/hyped people. People that are alcohol intox to a high level do not react to severly to OC in my experience either.
                      Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
                        OC is damn near worthless w/ people on Meth/PCP/ecstasy/shermed/EDP's.
                        If you get them in the eyes, at least they'll swell shut, giving you some type of advantage.

Getting sprayed in the Academy is essential, because sooner or later, you're going to get hit with "friendly fire", and you need to know what to expect.
                        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                          Getting sprayed in the Academy is essential, because sooner or later, you're going to get hit with "friendly fire", and you need to know what to expect.
                          We've never sprayed the people in our academy and they seem to do just fine without it. I can't see how it's "essential". And some have gotten hit with friendly fire. Not having been hit before didn't seem to be any detriment.
                          "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Re: My opinion... OC = Meet Satan himself!!!

Originally posted by nd33909
                            Holy f#$!... I would rather get kicked in the groin next time I think. We all thought that the instructors were just pumping us up, saying how bad it would hurt.
                            I laughed out loud when I saw this, because it's the same way I felt, down to how it was described beforehand. We got sprayed in a non-lethal tactics course in the Marines, and it was awful. You got a good dose, then had to run through a course, getting hit with pads, punching another pad for 30 seconds, then hitting a guy in a suit with a baton. It sucked, but seeing the CO suffer was cool! My platoon sergeant kept running and never came back that day. It was hilarious... and then they did it to me I just remember thinking "How can they DO this to us?" That's the one certificate nobody ever loses. Btw, out of 100+ guys, two were completely unaffected. It didn't burn them at all. Nobody will ever believe how much it hurts when you describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by retdetsgt
                              We've never sprayed the people in our academy and they seem to do just fine without it. I can't see how it's "essential". And some have gotten hit with friendly fire. Not having been hit before didn't seem to be any detriment.
                              I saw a veteran cop get hit with friendly fire during a huge brawl at an open-air nightclub, and he totally panicked. Ran out of the place like his pants were on fire. He had never been sprayed before.

The first time I got sprayed was when OC was first introduced, and getting hit was optional. I knew that I'd get hit sooner or later, so I volunteered. I almost panicked myself because it hurt so bad.

Now, if I get hit by friendly fire, I view it as more of an inconvenience than anything else. I will later have a few choice words with trigger-happy officer, however.
                              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4113 users online. 245 members and 3868 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X