300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshal Service

Has anyone had any experience in/with this agency? What are your views on the Marshals and the work they do? Would you consider becoming a deputy if you had the chance?
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

Romans 13:4

One of my old co-workers left our agency and went into the Marshals. He loves it. He said the first 1-2 years, you are stuck "in the box" guarding courtrooms, but after that it is a great job.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edward Burke

Comment

I've had a few close friends that were Marshalls. One of my best friends that I now work with left the Marshalls and comae local (still not sure why ). It's a good job once you can get away from bailiff duty. Currently they are not even looking at anyone who is not within 120 days before or after their EAS from active duty military. Public recruiting is not scheduled to open this year.

-web
      "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

They use a lot of retired leo's around here for baliff and transport and hospital guard etc. That's the boring job but easy extra money for the older guys.

If you get in and prove yourself you will land in a position that rock & rolls all the time.

Comment

I just talked to a Marshall's recruiter last week. He said that next year they would reopen recruiting to the public for the first time in a while. I am very excited.

Comment

I worked with the Marshals quite a bit. They took our prisoners (daytime arrests), or brought them to court if I arrested them at night. I don't know how they manage to stay awake in some of the courtrooms - some lawyers were so boring - and it was my case!
            They were mostly fine folks to work with. The ones I worked the most with would 'do to ride the river', i.e I trusted them with my 6 o'clock any time.
            Overall, a very good organization and good people.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

My partner left New Orleans 16 years ago to be a U.S Marshall and it sounds good but it's not all as glorious as it sounds.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Don't forget that they work for the Dept of Treasury. That means they enforce regulations concerning assets seizures and business compliance; not just chasing bail jumpers and protecting judges.
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

I work withe the fed's all the time,

other than handling large volumes of prisoner's....

basically anythiny yer local sheriff does the us marshal

and his deputies do except on a federal level, and it political,

the favorite jobs and duties are hard to get sometimes.
                  Last edited by ftlaudcop; 09-02-2004, 10:14 AM.
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Sinepari,

For clarification the U.S. Marshals Service is under the Department of Justice not the Treasury.

Comment

Originally posted by San Jose BICE
                      Sinepari,

For clarification the U.S. Marshals Service is under the Department of Justice not the Treasury.
                      My bad...too much coffee this morning...you're correct.
                      Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

The one benefit my xpartner makes by being a U.s. Marshall is he makes close to a 100k a year. Other than that it's quite boring and before he became a supervisor he had to travel a lot.
                        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4074 users online. 229 members and 3845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X