300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Cop Vacation...

OK folks: I have been reading these forums for a while now and noticed that some of the exchanges have been somewhat heated.

Now, on a lighter note, (and appologies to Sleuth, it's your idea), I was wondering what my fellow officers would consider to be the ultimate LEO vacation?

Personally mine would be a tropical isle where no-one knows me. Where the beer flows freely and the women come with a volume control!! (Just joking).

To be somewhere where I don't have to worry about the bosses, other cops and getting caught up in an arrest!

What about you folks???

Total retreat or "busman's holiday"???
    Pain....nature's way of letting us know we're still alive!!!

Bangkok, Thailand.

Comment

In the mountains far far away from everyone, in a cabin, by the fireplace snuggled up next to my baby!
      in sickness...or in health..devoted!

Comment

Vegas baby, VEGAS. Even got remarried there. By Elvis. Well, not the real ... you get the picture. Worked out about as well as you might imagine
        I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

Funny, I was just thinking of posing this question myself!

Let's see, I already live in the mountains, in a log home with my wife, dogs, & horses (no, the horses are near the house, not in it!).

I'm a history buff, so, if we could visit Normandy/Belgium/Germany, without meeting any of the french. I would like to see where the heros of the WWII ETO did the impossible. Then back to England, I missed one or two museums, and we have friends there. Might get to meet some of the posters from there as well.

("The french, always there when they need us." A US Marine in Iraq)
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner
            Vegas baby, VEGAS. Even got remarried there. By Elvis. Well, not the real ... you get the picture. Worked out about as well as you might imagine

Thanks mate. "She who must be obeyed" was sitting next to me when I read that post. Guess what I'll be doing on my 20th wedding anniversary?? (here's a hint - it's not bloody fishing!!!!!)

Still, I guess I'll get to gamble and perve on showgirls!!!

Or not...as the case maybe (Is she still there??)

Comment

There is an private Island in the Virgin Islands called Water Island. A man there owns a 2 bedroom cottage (everything included to cook for your slef) that is walking distance to a perfect private beach and all the privacy you want. A short $5 boat ride gets to the commercial town for night life and dinner if you choose. Cost is reasonable for Cop pay. After my 15 yrs on several level of Law Enforcement jobs, I have found this place to be my getaway!!

Comment

Originally posted by SearcherMaine
                There is an private Island in the Virgin Islands called Water Island. A man there owns a 2 bedroom cottage (everything included to cook for your slef) that is walking distance to a perfect private beach and all the privacy you want. A short $5 boat ride gets to the commercial town for night life and dinner if you choose. Cost is reasonable for Cop pay. After my 15 yrs on several level of Law Enforcement jobs, I have found this place to be my getaway!!

You can't just leave it at that. Tell us more...

Comment

I spent 7 days there with my girlfriend, it was in May 2003. The weather was 80's to 90's and sunny. From either bedroom you could hear the ocean waves crash against the rock only 20 feet from your cottage. A 15 foot walk from the cottage deck brought me to the small beach to swim in the early morning air. If salt water was to much, the roman pool was all yours and yours alone. The host has a car and golf cart to explore the one lane paved road around the island, in 6 min, we found a deserted hotel on the beach to explore and make the most awsome love on! Thats about all I can say without booking tickets now and taking off!!
                  Last edited by SearcherMaine; 06-23-2004, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Could you forward any info on this place you might have? The lovely bride and I are going to be celebrating a 1 year in a while, this place sounds great. Tks.

Comment

Here is the owners web site. He actually doesn't have enough pics of the beach or other sotes on the island, but this will give you a idea and price range and his property "Providence Point" any questions just let me know. We will go every year for now on. I'd strongly reccomend renting the cottage (only 1 on his property) it's worth the extra $200 bucks for the week. Once you click on the "rates" you will see a pic of Honeymoon Beach, it's all to yourself pretty much except once a day a boat froma cruise ship brings people to the island for an hour (which is fun to break up the day and watch the drunk passengers stumble around from the free booze, them return to thier ship)

Also, the owner (Alex Randall) is a very nice (a little odd)and will not invade your space at all. He and his wife with 3 kids live on the property also. They are all on the Main Island of St. Thomas all day working or in school.

The Waterfront Cottage on Providence Point is one of the most beautiful settings in the Virgin Islands. Providence Point is a privately owned peninsula on Water Island, U.S.V.I.
                      Last edited by SearcherMaine; 06-24-2004, 02:39 PM.

Comment

OK, I'm putting in to be the chief of police on that island, penninsula, whatever! I'll settle for night watchman!
                        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Sleuth, will you need a deputy, or maybe you will have a reserve program I can join??

Anyhoo...here is a link to a mob I took a bare-boat charter with. It was in the WhitSunday Islands, north Queensland.
                          The bride and I spent a week on our very own boat, exploring deserted tropical islands. Snorkelling, swimming, cruising during the day..At night we'd anchor in a secluded cove and.... well.....

The weather was warm, the locals friendly, and it was just great.

Enjoy:

Whit Sunday Escape

Comment

NSW, your on! After all, the stress of that job would require me to take some time off.
                            John Stuart Mill

Comment

NSWCop

Sadly, that particular Mrs Corner and I are no longer an item. But hey, I would still thoroughly recommend the experience.
                              I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2306 users online. 98 members and 2208 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X