300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-FRIGGIN-BELIEVEABLE - 1.5 mile run result

A recruit who is in a class that's a few classes behind my class had to take a PT assessment test with his class the other day.

The standard for a 1.5 mile run is 12:51 for males who fall within the 30-39 age group.

Dude is 37. He ran his 1.5 mile run in 28 minutes.

According to the PT staff, that may be the slowest 1.5 mile run time, assessment or actual test, in the history of all 1.5 mile runs. Even in the dead of winter(Jan 2004) with a below freezing temperature and while sick with a terrible head cold, I completed my 1.5 run in 12 minutes flat.

Does anyone else on here have a similar horror story of a fellow recruit while in the academy?
    "Do what you can stand."

so he walked the whole way then?

i'm assuming he doesn't get to continue though anymore? or does he have another chance to run again?

Comment

I think I could walk a mile and a half in 28 minutes. He must have stopped and napped.

I guess the tortoise didn't beat the hare on that one.
      I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

We had a guy in my class like that(at your same academy-DCPD). He wasn't nearly that bad though. I dont know how they do it now up there but when I was there, if you didn't pass the pt test you didnt graduate. This guy in my class did not graduate with us. He was recycled until he got himself in good enough shape to pass.

Comment

I wouldn't laugh since this guy could have serious health problems. was he overweight etc ? Or just didn't show up to do the run at all ?

Comment

Bodie could have a point - either this guy has some health issues, and sucked it up to even FINISH the run, or he's a smart *** (can't be notable at the academy for running the fastest, so be notable for running the slowest - either way he's on the books).

Originally posted by Valor55
            I think I could walk a mile and a half in 28 minutes. He must have stopped and napped.

Comment

My academy class was anything except physical. There were no tests persay. They had an assessment at the beginning of the academy class and one at the end of the academy. Supposedly, you were supposed to be able to be better than your original assessment when you finished the academy. We had probably 3 or 4 recruits who couldn't do a mile and a half under 30 minutes. To me, and a lot of other recruits, it was a disgrace. At the end of the academy, they did the same and they all graduated. I was a recruit with an outside department so I have no idea what happened to them after that. Graduated and got back to my department.

K9

Comment

Hell, I've walked 2 miles in that time with fifty pounds of gear and a rifle. That wasn't a run, it was a stroll in the park.

Either this guy had some serious health problems (which begs the question what he was doing there in the first place) or he didn't care.

I've seen a 37 minute two mile time from a girl who had just come off of chemo for leukemia - does that count? *What that recruiter was thinking is beyond me...*

Comment

Re: Un-FRIGGIN-BELIEVEABLE - 1.5 mile run result

Hey Future..... Why the hell do you even care? What are you doing wasting our time with a stupid story like this? You should feel sorry for the guy and not be bashing him on a police chat site. I am in great shape and can run the mile and a half in under 11 min. and I would sit and cheer one anyone else in my acadamy that was behind me especially if I saw the guy was struggling. You need to Grow up.....

Comment

Originally posted by bhedrick
                    so he walked the whole way then?

i'm assuming he doesn't get to continue though anymore? or does he have another chance to run again?
                    Since that was an assessment, he will be okay until the final PT Test. If he does not past that final, then he will be served with a fit-for-duty paper. After that one, he's toast if he doesn't past the run.

Originally posted by Joe159
                    We had a guy in my class like that(at your same academy-DCPD). He wasn't nearly that bad though. I dont know how they do it now up there but when I was there, if you didn't pass the pt test you didnt graduate. This guy in my class did not graduate with us. He was recycled until he got himself in good enough shape to pass.
                    It is still that way at the academy. People basically get three chances. However, after your second chance, you will more than likely be recycled. There are three guys who'll be graduating with my class on the 28th of this month who were recycled from previous classes because of the run. And we lost one because he couldn't past the run. He was recycled.

Originally posted by ekjgolf3
                    Hey Future..... Why the hell do you even care? What are you doing wasting our time with a stupid story like this? You should feel sorry for the guy and not be bashing him on a police chat site. I am in great shape and can run the mile and a half in under 11 min. and I would sit and cheer one anyone else in my acadamy that was behind me especially if I saw the guy was struggling. You need to Grow up.....
                    Who ****ed in your cereal dude?
                    "Do what you can stand."

Comment

No one.... I was just pointing out what a jack-*** you sounded like by making that post.

Comment

I'm late 40's and can walk 3 miles in 15 minutes or so. I do belive this guy has a problem and needs to be ordered into a doctor and not do any other PT until cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                          I'm late 40's and can walk 3 miles in 15 minutes or so. I do belive this guy has a problem and needs to be ordered into a doctor and not do any other PT until cleared.
                          Bodie, are ya sure about your time (that would mean that you're WALKING a 5 minute mile - and doing a 7 1/2 minute mile and a half)?

I'm assuming (I know, never assume....) that you guys receive a "fit for duty" physical prior to the academy, AND that all recruits are closely monitored during PT sessions for signs of injury and/or distress.......yes? no?

Comment

Walk 3 miles in 15 minutes? Ummm, yeah right. That would mean you are "walking" 5 minute miles.

Please tell me that was a typo? There is no way you walk that fast.

Comment

No I don't think that was a typo. My best mile and a half right now (two days ago) is 8:30 and that is basically a slow sprint the entire time. I can't even do a mile under 5:30 sprinting!

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2171 users online. 85 members and 2086 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X