Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accident: being charged with 12500(a) california vehicle code. Need help!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or.......if you were searching just for someone to validate your feelings, you might like this answer: He should have given you a break and given the other guy a ticket, or given you both a break and issued no tickets. The fact that he didn't makes him corrupt, and he should be fired and you should be hired in his place. How's that one?

Comment

Frank, I think he finally found someone to share his point of view. Shame on us for assaulting this poor kid with the truth.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if you're really a Marine. None of the ones I know whine and snivel this much.
        I've been wondering that my self.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Re: Accident: being charged with 12500(a) california vehicle code. Need help!!!

Originally posted by bi0h4z4rd
          I also served my country in the USMC.

SEMPER FI!
          You're 20 years old, how have you served (pasttense). The Marine Corps only has 4 and 6 years enlistments. Unless you're still in the reserves but in that case you would still be serving.

Or did you get booted out on a medical or moral violation? Just curious.

What was your Battalion,company, platoon and series in bootcamp. Lead or follow. ITB or MCT at geiger?

Comment

Curt581:
            I never got a ticket, just told to appear at court. What do you think will happen?

mait129:
            I was injured pretty severely and my discharge date was April 7th, last year.
            Last edited by bi0h4z4rd; 04-24-2004, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Part of an officers job is to find out who committed a violation and cite them for it. Do you know for sure that the other party was not cited? I doubt it. Get a copy of the accident report, and that should say what violations were committed by who and what citations issued.

Don't worry about the ticket. They happen. The only reason that you should be concerned is if you have a history of accidents and/or citations. If you driving history shows a pattern then the PD may eliminate you from going to the dept.

Comment

Originally posted by dws_steve
                Part of an officers job is to find out who committed a violation and cite them for it. Do you know for sure that the other party was not cited? I doubt it. Get a copy of the accident report, and that should say what violations were committed by who and what citations issued.

Don't worry about the ticket. They happen. The only reason that you should be concerned is if you have a history of accidents and/or citations. If you driving history shows a pattern then the PD may eliminate you from going to the dept.
                That other person didn't get ticketed. I know for sure.

Frank:
                Do you know how much a 12500(a) fine usually is? Or do they suspend the license?

Comment

Is anyone else starting to think this is one of those raiders alluded to in another thread?

The answers to your most recent questions have already been answered. Please go back and read through your topic.

Man, if you make this big a deal over a minor traffic ticket and take this much attitude with people that are simply giving you the truth, you're going to have a tough time making a go of it as an officer.

Regardless, if you were injured while serving our country, thank you.
                  Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Curt581:
                    I never got a ticket, just told to appear at court. What do you think will happen?

mait129:
                    It's not a big deal don't stress over it so much, just renew your license which I think you said you did already. When you go to court just explain to the judge you didn't realize what the time frame was. He should not have a problem either dismissing it or at least reducing everything.

People have had alot worse things happen to them and they are cops now.

I'm sorry you got injured man I really do know the feeling, but you really didn't answer my questions about bootcamp. Were you discharged in bootcamp for your injury? Or over in Iraq?

Comment

mait129:
                      I was injured in combat. I was in bravo co. 1077 plt. Went to SOI, best and worse thing I ever did.

Quick question, why is a 12500(a) listed as a Misdameanor and not as an Infraction?
                      Last edited by bi0h4z4rd; 04-24-2004, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I appreciate you're being a Marine and all that, but as far as the wreck, you're kinda hard to be sympathetic to..... You complain that you didn't get a notice of license renewal, but admit that DMV didn't have your correct address. The little handbook you read when you took the test is pretty clear that you have 30 days to notify DMV of a change of permanent address. Also, as others said, the expiration date is printed on your license. Sorry, but you're doing a lot of whining and blaming other people for things that are clearly your responsibility.

And as also stated, if you and your passenger had to be taken to the hospital, it's a little hard to swallow you were only doing 10-15 mph. A good many of us were born at night, but not last night... If you were wearing a seatbelt, the odds of you getting injured at that speed are pretty slim, almost impossible that both of you would have to go to the hospital right away.

That being said, if you get your license renewed before court, some judges drop the charges. No guarantee, but it's possible. At least he's be a lot more sympathetic if you have one in your hand when you show up. I doubt the fine will be too bad in any case.
                        Last edited by retdetsgt; 04-24-2004, 05:18 PM.
                        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

What was your Battalion,company, platoon and series in bootcamp. Lead or follow. ITB or MCT at geiger?
                          Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....ummmmmmmmmmm.....fourty two.

Comment

Frank:
                            Do you know how much a 12500(a) fine usually is? Or do they suspend the license?
                            I have no idea...we don't use that code or statute number....I assume that if it's "expired license" the fine could be anywhere from nothing to $150.00 or so......But I've never heard of anyone being told to show up in court without getting a ticket for an expired license violation....

Comment

Curt581:

mait129:
                              Dude,

Just man up, stop whining, go to court with a valid license & that should be the end of it. Stop whinmpering like a little girl.

Comment

Yeah, What he said!!
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                                United States Army
                                5th Special Forces Group
                                Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                                Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                                Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2823 users online. 157 members and 2666 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X