300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Question

I just took my oral boards and passed with a 90%. (I think I did well since this is my first time.)
    Now here is a question. I have no serious criminal background. (3 or 4 speeding tickets). Though, I was discharged from the military with ELS from the Navy. I had the situation corrected and went to the Army National Guard. I did 1 year then injured by knee, so I was given an general discharged. I have since had my knee corrected, and have passed all my military physicals. What do you think of my chances with my military background being garbage?

What's ELS?
    "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Entry Level Seperation. Means I went home very early.

Comment

I think it means someone could not handle boot camp.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by sflcop
          I think it means someone could not handle boot camp.
          Nope if you notice below I did go to Army basic training and completed. I had something in my personal life that had to be dealt with.

Comment

I don't see a problem but how current and how many are the speeding tickets and will the knee allow you to run etc that will be common place in training and patrol work etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
              I don't see a problem but how current and how many are the speeding tickets and will the knee allow you to run etc that will be common place in training and patrol work etc.
              I have only had 1 in the past 2 years. the other tickets are about 8 years old.
              Yes, the knee will now let me run. I just have to keep my weigbht in normal guidelines, and lift weights.

Comment

Originally posted by wintermute
                Entry Level Seperation. Means I went home very early.
                Off the subject, but has anyone noticed that there are ALOT of posters these days that have QUIT basic training, and decided to go into LE?

Just an observation...
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

He is apparently not one of them though:

Nope if you notice below I did go to Army basic training and completed.

Comment

Background question.

A General Discharge is acceptable to most agencies as long as it was under honorable conditions.While I'm not personally interested in the "issue" in your life you had to deal with,a background investigator will be. Be honest.

Comment

What was the issue that got you the ELS? You mentioned something in your personal life that had to be dealt with. What was it and how was it dealt with?
                      Semper Fi

Comment

My mother was ill. I went home to spend time with her. They did not think she was going to live. I was 1 week into boot camp, so they ELS discharged me.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7508 users online. 424 members and 7084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X