300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commute

Out of curiosity, how long is everyone's commute to your respective stations on average?

I don't respect the location, but it's about 20 minutes.

Comment

Eight miles.

Comment

34 miles. 40-50 minutes.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          34 miles. 40-50 minutes.
          35 miles. 30-35 minutes.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

When I lived in town, I was 5 minutes from the station, 10 minutes from my assigned school. Since I moved out to the country, I'm about 30 - 45 mins depending on traffic to both locations, but I have a take-home so its not my gas I'm burning.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

About 23 feet.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

About 25 miles and it takes 25-30 minutes depending on traffic. I wouldn't want to be too close to work.

Comment

About 15 miles.

Comment

40 miles and 45 minutes without traffic.

However, I get paid for the drive and it's their gas.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I go on duty from my driveway...

Comment

As I said, I live 8 miles away, but my patrol vehicle is out in the driveway. I get my computer up and going as I drive in to work.

Comment

1.5 miles and 5 minutes

Comment

In a prior assignment it was 21 miles. It took anywhere from 60 to 75 minutes going to work in rush hour traffic. Coming home took anywhere from 75 to 100 minutes in rush hour traffic.

After I was transferred, they built the subway and above ground commute train that was supposed to save a tremendous amount of commute time. According to the published schedule, it would take 60 minutes each way and involve transferring and taking four separate trains. On top of that, I would still have to drive from home to the train station and back, find a place to park and walk to the elevated platform, adding 20 minutes each way. So, the time saving subway/commuter train would be 80 minutes in each direction, about the same amount of time it took to battle rush hour traffic on the freeway.

I can't wait for the high speed rail between Los Angeles and San Francisco, where they've decided you will now have to get off and switch to slow speed trains from San Jose to San Francisco, because no one wants to have high speed along the bay area Peninsula. That will make the high sped trip almost as long as it would take if you drove a car from Los Angeles to San Francisco. .
                            I love California. Maybe we can change or state motto - California, the other Florida.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

About 5 min...few miles. We're given take home cars in our 2nd phase of FTO (month 2) of the job and our encouraged to drive them off duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5537 users online. 383 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X