300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Badge Bunnies"

From what I have noticed, it seems like they are more prevalent in the South. Why is that? Other parts of the country like the West coast and Northeast, really don't have them.

Oh. We have them out West. We just don't talk about it...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

We used to have them in the Midwest, but Sully met them all at Lambert Field in St. Louis and they all left with him on a Southwest Air flight. We haven't been bothered by them since.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

They exist elsewhere. You just have to know where to look for them.

I'm retired now, but in the good old days of my youth, the bar at the LAPD Academy used to be crawling with them as did a particular bar on the east end of Sunset Boulevard that will remain unnamed for officer safety reasons.

Similarly, if you attend the Challenge Cup relay, the entire race route is infested with badge bunnies as is a the awards ceremony. I remember being outside our team's staging area In Shoshone when a pink Mustang pulled up with two girls in matching pink hot pants outfits that were made to go with the car's paint scheme. They were looking for any cop they could get their hands (or other appendages) on.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

What's the difference between a "badge bunny" and "beat wife"?
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

They are an international phenomenon

Comment

Southern girls take the phrase "F the police" more seriously than other girls
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I'm LB's Badge Bunny...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

They are only in the south? Have you checked dispatch lately? (Sorta kidding. Mad love and respect to my support element in dispatch/911 call centers!)

They exist... Even in super liberal super wealthy Silicon Valley. Sometimes, it's the daughter; sometimes it's the mom (Cougars); sometimes it both!!!!!!

The fabled cop bar is the badge bunny lair. Pretty much ANY sorority party at ANY UC, CSU, USC, Stanford, etc...
                  semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                    But what happens when you live in your beat‽ let's just say, I know the answer... Well.... AN answer, there are more than one!
                    semper destravit

Comment

Well, there's an advance level up from Badge Bunnies.

They're called "nurses," and they bite back.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                        I'm retired now, but in the good old days of my youth, the bar at the LAPD Academy used to be crawling with them as did a particular bar on the east end of Sunset Boulevard that will remain unnamed for officer safety reasons.
                        That Sunset Blvd bar closed up years ago. It was the Short Stop. No longer exists...except in the Unsolved Mysteries files at LAPD IAD.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by hangman View Post
                          From what I have noticed, it seems like they are more prevalent in the South. Why is that? Other parts of the country like the West coast and Northeast, really don't have them.
                          I agree with OP, three and half decades working west coast LE, never saw a Badge Bunny or Beat wife.

I was too busy working all night stakeouts, end of shift arrest/ search warrants, mandatory holdover’s or out of area extraditions on my days off.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

I agree with OP, three and half decades working west coast LE, never saw a Badge Bunny or Beat wife.

I was too busy working all night stakeouts, end of shift arrest/ search warrants, mandatory holdover’s or out of area extraditions on my days off.

And yet I first heard of the term "beat wife" by someone from your former agency.
                            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                              Midnight stop off vs meeting you at the bar?
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10698 users online. 458 members and 10240 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X