Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the police have the right to enter my home without consent?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did the police have the right to enter my home without consent?

    Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by MCWooly; 04-25-2016, 03:38 PM.

  • #2
    I'm curious, how did the police know it was your house, rather than you being a fleeing suspect who had defrauded the cab driver, entered a stranger's house and was now hiding in the basement behind a locked door?

    As an "aspiring LEO" you need to come up with a better story than that for your background investigator when the time comes.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

    Comment


    • #3
      Because I knew the responding officers from my past explorers program and I presume the driver gave my address. Since my friend eventually paid for the taxi, no crime was committed. There were also no signs that I needed assistance inside the house.
      Last edited by MCWooly; 04-25-2016, 01:03 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        What a load of bull****.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
          Because I knew the responding officers from my past explorers program and I presume the driver gave my address. Since my friend eventually paid for the taxi, no crime was committed. There were also no signs that I needed assistance inside the house.
          But, when the officers arrived you were gone. So I ask again, how did the police know the suspect was you, versus an unknown suspect who had fled into your house and was hiding inside, possibly placing you and your family in danger?

          And before you answer that, you are the suspect in this matter so you don't get to speak on behalf of the police with any level of credibility. Get a copy of the police report, redact any identifying information and post it here. That way we get to hear their version from them and not filtered through you. Only then can anyone give you a meaningful response.

          Right now I can tell you from a BI's point of view you and your buddy got drunk, tried to stiff the cab driver and you hid in your basement. I suspect his report will read, "Recommend applicant be disqualified as his conduct in this matter demonstrates he lacks the traits of integrity, honesty, sobriety, dependability and good judgment, all of which are minimum requirements for the position of a peace officer."
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice lie try kid.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
              Greetings. Before I explain my situation, I first off know that underage drinking is not only illegal, but also dangerous.

              A friend and I attended a concert in downtown Minneapolis that ended about 12:00am. Since we were both intoxicated, we decided to take a taxi cab back home to my house, about 10 minutes away. Upon arriving to my house, I opened my wallet and realized that my debit card was not in there. I asked the cab driver if I could go inside to look for my missing card. In the mean time, my friend had money the whole time but did not want to pay. After I went inside, I searched for about 10 minutes and could not find my card anywhere. Instead of going outside to let him know, I decided to text my friend and tell him I couldn't find it. Supposedly the cab driver got agitated and called the police thinking that I was trying to ditch out of the cab. Instead of paying for the cab, my friend just stood there as the police were called. When the police arrived, my friend "found" money and paid the driver. When the police arrived, I was in the basement using the restroom and did not hear them knocking. They asked MY FRIEND if they could enter the residence to try and gain contact with me. He said that he did not have the responsibility to make that decision. The three police officers decided to open my garage door and enter my house. When I heard a knock on the basement bathroom door, it was three police officers. I was then issued a citation for underage drinking.

              I am an aspiring LEO and know that I should not have been drinking. However, my family feels that I should attempt to fight this on the basis of the 4th amendment.
              Saved for the BI.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                Right now I can tell you from a BI's point of view you and your buddy got drunk, tried to stiff the cab driver and you hid in your basement. I suspect his report will read, "Recommend applicant be disqualified as his conduct in this matter demonstrates he lacks the traits of integrity, honesty, sobriety, dependability and good judgment, all of which are minimum requirements for the position of a peace officer."
                You forgot

                "The applicant then tried to minimize his transgressions, while blaming the resulting law enforcement response on the on-duty police officers, when he was reporting this incident relative this Background Investigation."
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, I can see the OP will be bumped from at least one PD...... and if he's of the mindset it's okay to stiff a cabbie, lie, then try to minimize the situation and put the blame ( by way of challenging the responding officers) I predict he'll fail at any other attempt or at least not make it through.
                  It appears he has no sense of accountability, deflects, then seems to "blame" LE for doing its job..........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
                    Because I knew the responding officers from my past explorers program and I presume the driver gave my address.
                    ...even if true, until they saw that you were YOU how would they know that?

                    Since my friend eventually paid for the taxi, no crime was committed.
                    Except you were an intoxicated minor and you stiffed your buddy for half the fare.

                    There were also no signs that I needed assistance inside the house.
                    Says who? YOU were drunk. You think YOU could tell how you were walking, etc?
                    Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-25-2016, 03:04 PM.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

                    "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
                      Because I knew the responding officers from my past explorers program and I presume the driver gave my address. Since my friend eventually paid for the taxi, no crime was committed. There were also no signs that I needed assistance inside the house.


                      OK Champ, here it is. You screwed up. Your attitude sucks. Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders could use you long before the cops could, unless you wanted to be a snitch. As my colleague noted, and should you make it to backgrounds (doubtful) you'll need to come up with a better story than you have.

                      Now go home and get your shine box. Before you use the bathroom.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
                        . However, my family feels that I should attempt to fight this on the basis of the 4th amendment.
                        Go ahead and do that.

                        Make sure you attach all the relevant paperwork to each and every future job application (or better yet when this case gets to the Appellate Court level just annotate your application to include the SCOTUS/CIRCUIT/State Supreme Court citation.

                        That information will be extremely valuable to the future Background Investigators
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MCWooly View Post
                          Greetings. Before I explain my situation, I first off know that underage drinking is not only illegal, but also dangerous.

                          A friend and I attended a concert in downtown Minneapolis that ended about 12:00am. Since we were both intoxicated, we decided to take a taxi cab back home to my house, about 10 minutes away. Upon arriving to my house, I opened my wallet and realized that my debit card was not in there. I asked the cab driver if I could go inside to look for my missing card. In the mean time, my friend had money the whole time but did not want to pay. After I went inside, I searched for about 10 minutes and could not find my card anywhere. Instead of going outside to let him know, I decided to text my friend and tell him I couldn't find it. Supposedly the cab driver got agitated and called the police thinking that I was trying to ditch out of the cab. Instead of paying for the cab, my friend just stood there as the police were called. When the police arrived, my friend "found" money and paid the driver. When the police arrived, I was in the basement using the restroom and did not hear them knocking. They asked MY FRIEND if they could enter the residence to try and gain contact with me. He said that he did not have the responsibility to make that decision. The three police officers decided to open my garage door and enter my house. When I heard a knock on the basement bathroom door, it was three police officers. I was then issued a citation for underage drinking.

                          I am an aspiring LEO and know that I should not have been drinking. However, my family feels that I should attempt to fight this on the basis of the 4th amendment.
                          lol... ok so let me make sure I have this straight. You thought your friend had no money on him, so you go to get money in your house. Can't find money so you text said friend that you can't find money, knowing he has no money and stay in the house knowing that no money is being paid to the cab driver who needs money.

                          Your story is absolutely stupid. Your decision to do what you did was stupid, then lying about it was stupid, since you lied you know have to blame the police, which is stupid. On top of that you were already breaking the law, stupid. Then you make you way onto this site and come up with the stupid idea that your going to post in AAC and fool some cops. Are you stupid?
                          Now thank you for applying with the police dept, but I find after doing what you did, it was stupid to even apply to be the police.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FTRthnU View Post
                            lol... ok so let me make sure I have this straight. You thought your friend had no money on him, so you go to get money in your house. Can't find money so you text said friend that you can't find money, knowing he has no money and stay in the house knowing that no money is being paid to the cab driver who needs money.

                            Your story is absolutely stupid. Your decision to do what you did was stupid, then lying about it was stupid, since you lied you know have to blame the police, which is stupid. On top of that you were already breaking the law, stupid. Then you make you way onto this site and come up with the stupid idea that your going to post in AAC and fool some cops. Are you stupid?
                            Now thank you for applying with the police dept, but I find after doing what you did, it was stupid to even apply to be the police.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OP,

                              In order to determine if your rights were violated, I need to know if the police officers were wearing their hats. If not, you may have a chance. It is well known that, except for in rare circumstances, law enforcement officers must wear their hats to excercise their powers.

                              I hope this helps.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 10515 users online. 472 members and 10043 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X