300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can you pull up my pants?"

When you nab some gangster idiot and they are crying about their pants falling, do you pull up their pants or let them fall down? Also, can you charge them for indecent exposure if anything down there pops out to say "hi"?

I always pull them up. Respect goes a long way and it's the little things that can make the biggest difference.

Comment

I have pulled up more men's pants in this job than you can imagine...

...sort of the opposite of a hooker.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I picked up their pants, gave them a smoke, let them eat, drink and make their phone calls. I also talked respectfully and didn't belittle them. Small courtesies got me a lot of cooperation.

Comment

I just took pictures of them and posted them on the Intardweb ...

Then I gave them a belt.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'll pick up their pants, but only once they've waddled to the patrol car in cuffs. I like the fact that their fashion choice is also an officer safety aid immediately post-arrest, but once the walk of shame is done, sure, I'll show some respect and help them out.

As above, smokes, phone calls... Once it's calmed down, I'm happy to keep them onside.

Comment

Of course, I'll pick their pants up if they're being cool. It's not any trouble.

What I hate is when people ask me to blow their nose. Some officers/jailers will do it, but I draw the line there. I say "I'm sorry.. just try to wipe it on your pants leg or something and they'll change you out once you're booked." For me, blowing someone's nose is just one step removed from wiping their ***.

More than once, I've had to bring someone to jail who had lost their clothes altogether. The female I actually felt bad for and let her borrow my full length raincoat til they changed her out at the jail.

Comment

Originally posted by SACOP View Post

As above, smokes, phone calls... Once it's calmed down, I'm happy to keep them onside.
                I've done all of that too, so long as it doesn't require removing handcuffs. The phone can go on speaker, and most smokers can smoke an entire cigarette without using their hands as long as you light it for them.

Comment

I don't mind blowing their nose. I hate when they ask me to jack them off. That sucks. I'm getting better at it though.

Comment

Like others have said, once all is said and done respect goes a long way. In areas where you have frequent customers, your reputation goes a long way. I'll never forget standing with my beat partner one night talking to a whole group chilling on a green box and having one of our guys roll through and yell at the on his PA. One of the less than law abiding members of the group commented on how disliked he was and why folks would run/not cooperate with him but would stop and talk with us.

There is always somebody, somewhere out there who is bigger/stronger/faster than you and if you come off as an ******* they'll want to put you in your place. Having the rep as a straight and fair shooter who knows how to judiciously use force is where you want to be. Guys may still try you but will learn quickly. also, there are folks out there who will straight up kill you if you disrespect them in public. The 30 seconds of laughter you get from disrespecting a gangbanger will be long lost when you're getting you *** kicked and no one on the block will call 911 because they hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      I don't mind blowing their nose. I hate when they ask me to jack them off. That sucks.
                      Well, if YOU sucked you wouldn't have to jack them off...
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I don't mind blowing their nose. I hate when they ask me to jack them off. That sucks. I'm getting better at it though.
                        Yeah.. reach-arounds are considered a common courtesy, I guess.

Comment

In almost every case, yes, I will pull up pants/let them wipe their nose/etc. Someone has to be a complete tool for me to not show that sort of basic respect. In my opinion, it's less about respecting the turd than it is about showing respect to the COs. It's fun to **** with ******y arrestees, but it's really not fair to the jail staff when you rile up a guy and then dump him in their lap.

Comment

Wait...someone asked you to jerk them off while handcuffed? LOL!

What if they go "My junk need adjusting!!" ? haha

Comment

Practice makes perfect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5276 users online. 370 members and 4906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X