300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite flashlight ?

I was just curious what is your favorite flashlight ? I love Surefire lights. I own a 6P & just brought the new E6E. Those lights are unreal for the size. 65 & 60 Lumens of blinding white light.....
    www.surefire.com
    PS: No I do not work for Surefire nor is this a commerical.
    I also own several Maglites..But if I were to have to defend my own home I would reach for my Surefire......
    Train as if your life depends on it.
    Someday it might..........Paul

stream light

Just about every body at my department uses streamlights. Especially the Stinger I just purchased the new stinger HP. IT is amazing. About 6 ouunces heavy, and 40,000 CP. Also very durable. Mine has got bounced around ant thrown arond even dropped in the water once, and it still works great!

Comment

I've had my Maglite rechargeable for about 5 years now and it's great.

Comment

Yup, I would say mag-lite works pretty dern well. I had one even before I joined the cadet program. Still use one now with my department. I love it. Still big and heavy, but very reliable.
        “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

Comment

Last edited by SW4747; 12-23-2003, 07:03 PM.

Comment

The rechargeble Stinger is my flashlight of choice (the one i bought outta my own pocket). Im not sure how yours guys works but mine (the one on my belt). is ultra powerful and its the medium size one. On a full charge it lasts a week, and thats even doing house watches. We still have the full size mag light rechargeble ones hanging in the station for anyone on night watch that wants to grab one. And the orange mag lights as well for traffic direction. Should the need arise.

Comment

Re: Favorite flashlight ?

Originally posted by besafe2
              I was just curious what is your favorite flashlight?
              Reach your pocket and see how much you can spend...a rechargeable, light-weight flashlight is the best. It depends on how and where you want to use it.
              Personally, I like SureFire. They're just great. Sreamlight and Mag are also very good.
              Better to sweat in the gym than to bleed on the street

Comment

I have a Stinger on my belt and the bigger version (I think it's the Streamlight SLX 90 or something) in my gear bag.
                If you knew you would fight for you life tomorrow, would you change the way you trained today?

Comment

Just got the Surefire 8AX and love it.
                  In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I've had a Stinger rechargable for about 6 years now and works great. I've only had to replace the battery once due to the battery holding less power.
                    The only thing evil needs to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Yeah Army MP.....I've had my Stinger for about five years now. Only had to replace the battery once since it wasn't holding a full charge after about three years. The flashlight itself is now almost silver in color since I've pulled it in and out of its scabbard so many times. Great investment!
                      If you knew you would fight for you life tomorrow, would you change the way you trained today?

Comment

I've had my Mag-Charger for 18 years. Had to replace the battery stick about 3 times, and I forget how many bulbs, and it bears signs of use and abuse, but it has been my old sidekick all these years.

About 3 years ago, the PD here made them all turn in all the large, metal Mag-Lites, and issued them either Stingers, or the non-metal Streamlights.

I always wished Mag-Light would have invented a rechargable in C size; not so bulky to carry around.

Stingers are nice; bright for their size, and easy to keep handy at all times.

A former co-worker of mine should have written to Mag-Lite, ala "Dear American Tourister", about his light. Bought a brand new Mag-Charger, and was cleaning off his car to go to work in one of the worst snowstorms we have had here in years. Lost his light while digging out his car.
                        It was found a day later, when the neighbors came over and ran their snowblower in his driveway. WHANG! His Mag-Charger came shooting out like a missile! He picked it up, and it came on. Although he had to replace the bulb, replace the switch boot, and it had 4 nasty gouges in the barrel, but it gave him many years of service.
                        Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9263 users online. 458 members and 8805 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X