300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it fun arresting people?

Is everybody getting arrested scared out of their mind like OMG I'm going to jail, what if I get raped or something. And oh God how will I be able to eat that prison Food. Also do you think the Miranda warning you have to give to criminals is stupid and a waste of 10 seconds of your life? Although of course the criminal might be able to get their murder or rape conviction vacated by the ACLU if you forget to give the warning.
    Last edited by Something_awesome; 03-05-2016, 01:32 PM.

Take a day off and reread your paragraph. Let us know if you then feel your questions and statements show at the very least a lack of reasonableness, if not intelligence?

Comment

Is it fun arresting people?

Not particularly, but they bring it on themselves and the taxpayers pay me to do it.

"Is everyone scared?" Not really because they knew it was coming.

"What if they get raped?" Not my problem. If that happened, it would either be in the county jail or prison.

Prison food.....see above. Not my job to feed them.

Miranda.....Not a waste of my time. You'd be surprised how many start talking before any questions are even asked. Spontaneous utterance is admissable. Consistency in procedures and knowledge of the law goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Something_awesome View Post
        Also do you think the Miranda warning you have to give to criminals is stupid and a waste of 10 seconds of your life? Although of course the criminal might be able to get their murder or rape conviction vacated by the ACLU if you forget to give the warning.
        You've been watching too many cop shows on TV. Miranda is not required until you actually want to interrogate someone about their crime. Until then, we say nothing and let them run their mouths and voluntarily make all sorts of incriminating statements that are very admissible.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I have more fun masterbaiting.

I'd also like to add, I think you're stupid. I base that strictly on the observation that you're obviously not smart. No offense.

Comment

Is everybody getting arrested scared out of their mind like OMG I'm going to jail, what if I get raped or something.
            Nope, most of them already know what is going to happen.

And oh God how will I be able to eat that prison Food.
            I ate prison food for 30 yrs and it never hurt me

Also do you think the Miranda warning you have to give to criminals is stupid and a waste of 10 seconds of your life?
            I can't remember the last time I READ Miranda to someone..............but then I never question anyone either

Although of course the criminal might be able to get their murder or rape conviction vacated by the ACLU if you forget to give the warning.
            Not likely
            Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-05-2016, 03:41 PM.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ah sh..t I'll play. Yeah sometimes it was barrels of laughs arresting people. As "Dirty Harry" would say, it sorta "Made my day". Now here's a suggestion for you. Put down your copy of "It takes a Village" and wait for Hillary's next best seller, "It takes a Cell Block" .

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                I think you're stupid.
                I concur Dr. Michigan. I can only add that until I read the op, I had reservations as to the old saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question".

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                  You've been watching too many cop shows on TV. Miranda is not required until you actually want to interrogate someone about their crime. Until then, we say nothing and let them run their mouths and voluntarily make all sorts of incriminating statements that are very admissible.
                  The "spontaneous utterance" is a beautiful thing. Especially when they think anything they say is inadmissible without Miranda.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  I ate prison food for 30 yrs and it never hurt me
                  When I was working at the jail I loved eating the food there, though I always worried what the beef was doing to my insides. There was no grade on the box. Just a stamp that stated "Safe for human consumption."
                  "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
                    The "spontaneous utterance" is a beautiful thing. Especially when they think anything they say is inadmissible without Miranda.
                    That is usually right after they have told us MANY times in LOUD voices

"I know my rights"
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      I have more fun masterbaiting.
                      It's more fun if the person you arrest master's your bait.
                      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I've had arrestees blurt out an entire confession since they think it will screw up the investigation... but, no it doesn't.
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

The answer to all of the OP's questions is "NO!"...... See how simple? One word, one line................ NEXT!

Comment

OP, TV is not real. Even what you see on Cops or the news is trimmed down and edited to boost ratings.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

As long as they don't go to Federal Pound-Me-In-The-*** Prison.
                              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                              that we are all that stands between
                              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3842 users online. 239 members and 3603 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X